Princeton Review
www.princetonreview.com Natick, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The pay's great, but you just won't get in that many hours.

SAT Teacher (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThe pay is pretty high ($18,00), and they provide the materials for you to give to the students. You go off TPR's curricula, but teaching the SAT lesson plans within the allotted time is managable.

They also reimburse drive-time, which is particularly helpful if you end up teaching at a place that's very far from your home or from the corporate offices.

ConsThe job's really less than part time, since you'd only get about 8 hours max or so. You get paid for proctoring the SAT exams on Saturdays, but it's only about $10/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would benefit by finding out where their employees live and asking them to go to schools or places that are within relatively close geographical proximity to those areas. It's somewhat unrealistic to expect people to drive from one city to another just to teach for 3-4 hours.

Consistent Work-changing work environment

SAT Teacher (Current Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Princeton Review office has gone through numerous changes since I've been working for them. Every position in the office has been replaced at least… Cons: The pay is on the low side for teaching and tutoring compared to other companies, but… Advice to Senior Management: Please don't over work our office employees. Especially the current ones.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management changed it's mind constantly

Retention (Former Employee)
    Scranton, PA

I worked at Princeton Review full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good coworkers and immediate supervisors Cons: It always seemed that every month the structure, rules and… Advice to Senior Management: Consider sticking to a plan More
There are newer reviews on Princeton Review.

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!

Princeton Review – Why Work for Us?

About The Princeton Review Founded in 1981, The Princeton Review has long been a leader in helping college and graduate school–bound students achieve their higher-education goals through our test-preparation services… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Princeton Review reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Princeton Review CEO Deborah Ellinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Princeton Review employees.