Great Tutoring/Teaching Opportunity

Current Employee - SAT Tutor  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - SAT Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible and able to get you teaching without much experience. Good chance for upward movement.

Cons

Efficiency of your work flow largely determined by the back office staff. When the staffing shifts around too much, you lose a lot on continuity with the jobs you can get assigned to and the consistency of getting staffed on classes.

Try to stay consistent with giving out teaching assignments. Sometimes its quite apparent that its not a level playing field amongst teachers and work available.

Other Reviews for Princeton Review

Great people in sales and delivery; iffy management

I worked at Princeton Review as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

There are some extremely talented and knowledgeable people working at TPR. Many of them are passionate about their field, and invest themselves in knowing their product and their market. It is somewhat of an elitist market, as services are not affordable for all students, but you know that you are really making a difference for students who apply themselves to their courses.

Cons

Solutions are not workable for all markets. Pricing is prohibitive for many districts, and many parents.

One of the best places to work!

Current Employee - Tutoring Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Tutoring Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Princeton Review full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the flexibility of our office and the amazing people that I work with! There is just something great about watching the excitement from a student who has just received admission into their dream school because of the test score we helped them acheive. It's an overall fun, relaxed, and rewarding place to work!

Cons

As an office employee, you are pretty much always on call. ALWAYS. Can be a challenge if you have a family. There is also not a ton of training available to employees.

Bonus or give pay raises to teachers who deserve them. We are losing great talent because of it!

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review.

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!