There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

run!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Princeton Review

Pros

Some really great, funny, smart people used to work there.
Felt like we were helping students to beat the system.

Cons

Crazy management once Bain invested in the company.
Extremely poor leadership and management at the senior level.
Terrible morale and zero fun left.

Senior management needs to get their heads out of the clouds and start treating people like they matter. Most talent has already flown the coop.

148 Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review (View Most Recent)

A great place for a college student, needs a little more structure.

Current Employee - ACT and SAT Teacher, Private Tutor
    Current Employee - ACT and SAT Teacher, Private Tutor

I have been working at Princeton Review

Pros

Great hourly pay, extensive training really makes you feel prepared to teach in front of a class. Great resume builder and can help with self confidence and leadership skills. Make your own hours, enthusiastic staff.

Cons

Due to the nature of the job, you are often on your own in unfamiliar teaching sites when issues arise. Office staff can be helpful but you are often dealing with problems on your own. Can't get enough hours to be full time. Somewhat unorganized and there is pretty much NO job monitoring other than student reports, which means you will never be sure what you are doing right or wrong.

Keep in closer contact with your teachers about how things are going. Give clear instructions and more time for cross-training. Give out the newest versions of the manuals, it is incredibly frustrating to have a different book than all your students.

Part-time SAT Teacher for the Princeton Review

Current Employee - SAT Tutor  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - SAT Tutor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Princeton Review

Pros

I worked with PR before I went to medical school and now I"m back after my first two years. It's a great part-time opportunity and you can do as little as you want or as much as you want. Before I left, I did like 3-4 classes at a time and now that I'm also studying I have only taken on 1-2 classes. There are so many things you can do like teach the classes, proctor tests, hold marketing events, be a private tutor. You get paid for everything - any extra help sessions you hold, emailing students, preparing for the classes at home, checking essays, etc (at a lesser amount). Communication with the office is awesome - all through email and they try their best to give you everything you need.

Cons

If you work far from the office, it might be hard because you have to go pick up the books and materials every time. You can get paid for mileage though so it's not so bad just time consuming if you have other jobs.

More staff in the office because it seems like they are overworked. More meet and greet of the teachers because I don't really know any of the other teachers and what their experiences are like dealing with parents or the office, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!