great part-time job

Current Employee - Test Prep Instructor  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Test Prep Instructor in New York, NY

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay for a part-time job and really great for people who need to pick their hours. plenty of flexibility for scheduling and in addition ot teaching there are many opportunities to proctor or work marketing tables for extra cash

Cons

disorganized. emails go unanswered, students are not always processed correctly. Also wish there was more mentor-ship available between newer teachers and older teachers.

Other Reviews for Princeton Review

A great part-time in theory; in practice, dissapointing

Former Employee - SAT Instructor  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - SAT Instructor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Princeton Review part-time for more than a year

Pros

My favorite part about this job was my time in the classroom. I absolutely loved teaching and joking around with my students. By and large, we had a great time in class, and it was great practice public speaking, presenting, and teaching.

The Princeton Review has perfected the art of gaming the SAT, and their methods work very well. My classes' scores always increased substantially.

Cons

At the outset my trainer showed us a pyramid with opportunities for advancement. I thought this would be a great part-time gig with a good hourly rate. However, after speaking with some very excellent coworkers who had been working at the Princeton Review for over two years without making a nickel more than the starting rate, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I did not realize how difficult it would be to get a class at a time that worked for me and a location at a reasonable driving distance. $15/hour plus their driving compensation does not make up for driving 45 minutes to teach a three-hour class. And for proctoring a test, forget it.

Also, for anyone with a strong sense of social justice, working for The Princeton Review will slowly eat away at you. While the company claims that its mission is to help all students get into their best fit school, in reality, all it does is help rich kids take advantage of a flawed system because they can afford to pay The Princeton Review's hefty price tag.

Hire competent instructors and compensate them accordingly.

No respect for talent. Management needs to get serious.

I worked at Princeton Review

Pros

Great coworkers, nice people, sometimes get to help less fortunate

Cons

Underpaid. Confused management. Inflexible, long hours. I didn't feel the the company was going in the right direction. HORRIBLE technology made daily work a challenge.

Grow a pair, take responsibility, spend wisely

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review.

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!