There are newer employer reviews for Princeton University

There is no better place to get an education.

Former Employee - Undergraduate Student in Princeton, NJ
Former Employee - Undergraduate Student in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Princeton University full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of resources to provide students with. Buildings are beautiful and state of the art, faculty are second to none and the students that you learn around are among the best in the world.

Cons

Very heavy focus on finance/consulting regarding career counseling and opportunities. If uninterested in these fields, much of the work must be done on your own.

reviews filtered by
  1. Can't wait to graduate and leave Princeton!

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Princeton University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The university does a relatively good job of activities on campus and trips to the city etc. Unfortunately these don't really make up for living in such a small town. The academics are amazing however, generally very good teachers, seminars and research.

Cons

I would say the majority of graduate students at Princeton would not recommend it. I was warned by several past students and successful Professors, but I thought I knew better. Only go to school here if you're satisfied to live in a small town with 5 bars.

2. Very demanding work culture

Former Employee - Lecturer in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Lecturer in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Princeton University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's Princeton. You get the chance to meet with the world's most renowned researchers, professors, and scientists from almost all areas of study, and the smartest students from around the world.

Cons

Although you work and live in the best university in the world, it is hard to really enjoy all the benefits that would first come to anyone who heard about your job--you simply have no time. The work would take up all your time and it was rarely the case that you could have a weekend all to yourself, regardless of the fact that you've been working really really hard on weekdays.

Advice to Management

Working for just 26 weeks per year is the nature of all teaching jobs. It cannot be taken as a legitimate explanation for giving your employees twice as much work as they could handle during that 26 weeks.

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton University