Principal Financial Group

www.principal.com

Principal is a top place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Principal strives to give it's employees a great work/life balance. They see their employees as their greatest asset.

Cons

Employees who have been with the company a long time or have never worked anywhere but the Principal sometimes don't see the larger picture.

Keep up the great work. It's a great company and a great place to work.

Other reviews for Principal Financial Group

Principal, a great place to work!

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Flexible work hours, excellent benefits, great work environment, and opportunities for growth. They also embrace technology and business partners work closely with IT to produce solutions that fit the need of our customers. And finally there are lots of different ways Principal reaches out to the community. Many of our casual days require us to pay a small amount of money that goes to charity and many times we are presented with different causes to support. It's good to know that my employer has an eye on the whole community.

Cons

Change is something you need to get used to. If you are someone who does not embrace changes with a positive state of mind then this may not be the company for you. However, in the years I've been at Principal Financial the change is usually a good thing.

Keep up the communication. There are so many new things happening at Principal that it gets hard to keep focused on the overall goal. We get frequent reminders of our policies and goals as a company, and when something isn't going right it doesn't get shoved under a rug. Instead the management steps up and helps us get back on track.

Promotes work-life balance, great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

work life balance, benefits package, great place for women to work

Cons

largest employer in Iowa, so lots of competition to advance.

work to reduce underacheiving employees so high performing can be rewarded fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Principal Financial Group.

Worked for Principal Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!