Principal Marketing

principalmarketinginc.com
  principalmarketinginc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Principal Marketing

A fantastic opportunity for the right person.

Former Employee - Training Manager  in  Glen Ellyn, IL
Former Employee - Training Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the opportunity to determine your growth and the pace at which you progress through the business. Hard work and the right attitude are rewarded with opportunities to travel, further develop your skill set as a business person, and have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities within the business. You will build a solid foundation for interacting with people in a business environment, and the skills you learn are transferable to any position in the business world.

Cons

Retail schedule forces you to really work on time management, and it's a challenge until you get into the swing of the business. There are times where you may lose sight of the big picture if you're not careful, because it requires a big picture thinker for sure.

Try and be more selective in the interview process to weed out those who may not be mentally strong enough to handle the business.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Principal Marketing (View Most Recent)

For the love of God, don't work here

Former Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Glen Ellyn, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

They teach you the techniques to push their products.
    The people were nice.

Cons

Very Deceptive. They pay 8.25 an hour/commission and you stand in a Sam's Club pushing various products. You are forced to attend a cult-like meeting every morning in a full suit, for which you are NOT PAID. Then you drive to a Sam's location or wait 4 hours to start a shift at a given Sam's Club. You will work 12 hours a day at this company, 6 days a week, and 4 or 5 of those hours in a day aren't paid for. You will not have a life working here, it is a very soul-sucking experience.

I quit after 3 weeks of training/employment, with 1 day in the actual field. I was sent a paycheck of $35. This is a TOTAL SCAM, be sure to watch out for anything related to Principal Marketing or Smart Circle (their parent company).

Offer better pay and a benefits package to employees.

Best Opportunity Available

Current Employee - Event Coordinator
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is for the individual who is looking for a career, not just another job. I have been with the company for eight months, and I have learned more about myself both personally and professionally than I ever could have imagined. I have developed a skill set that can be translated into every aspect of my life and career. I have learned to represent and promote a range of clients directly to the end consumer, manage teams of people and balance that with personal time, as well as have the opportunity to travel to several other markets and demographics to effectively create brand awareness for various clients. I have found this position to be an exceptional career choice for myself because I love working with and meeting new people. I'm also attracted to the quick growth and development within the company, and could not imagine sitting complacently behind a desk every day.

Cons

This company is not for the individual who is looking for a 9-5 job for the next forty years. Things move very quickly and change day to day. Anyone who is not flexible, or not excited about a fast-paced environment would not be a good fit. In addition, there is no micro-management structure, so this wouldn't be the right place for someone looking to punch a clock and be given a to-do list every day.

My advice to management would be to be more selective in the interview process. This career path isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Some people are better suited for an office-type roll!

There are newer employer reviews for Principal Marketing

Worked for Principal Marketing? Contribute to the Community!