Principal Marketing

www.principalmarketinginc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Principal Marketing

A fantastic opportunity for the right person.

Former Employee - Training Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL
Former Employee - Training Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to determine your growth and the pace at which you progress through the business. Hard work and the right attitude are rewarded with opportunities to travel, further develop your skill set as a business person, and have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities within the business. You will build a solid foundation for interacting with people in a business environment, and the skills you learn are transferable to any position in the business world.

Cons

Retail schedule forces you to really work on time management, and it's a challenge until you get into the swing of the business. There are times where you may lose sight of the big picture if you're not careful, because it requires a big picture thinker for sure.

Try and be more selective in the interview process to weed out those who may not be mentally strong enough to handle the business.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Principal Marketing (View Most Recent)

Best Opportunity Available

Current Employee - Event Coordinator
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is for the individual who is looking for a career, not just another job. I have been with the company for eight months, and I have learned more about myself both personally and professionally than I ever could have imagined. I have developed a skill set that can be translated into every aspect of my life and career. I have learned to represent and promote a range of clients directly to the end consumer, manage teams of people and balance that with personal time, as well as have the opportunity to travel to several other markets and demographics to effectively create brand awareness for various clients. I have found this position to be an exceptional career choice for myself because I love working with and meeting new people. I'm also attracted to the quick growth and development within the company, and could not imagine sitting complacently behind a desk every day.

Cons

This company is not for the individual who is looking for a 9-5 job for the next forty years. Things move very quickly and change day to day. Anyone who is not flexible, or not excited about a fast-paced environment would not be a good fit. In addition, there is no micro-management structure, so this wouldn't be the right place for someone looking to punch a clock and be given a to-do list every day.

My advice to management would be to be more selective in the interview process. This career path isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Some people are better suited for an office-type roll!

Experience of a life time

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You grain a valuable skill set that can be applied to any career in the future in a short amount of time. I worked there for a year and learned to manage people, conduct interviews and gained confidence in my self which proved to be invaluable when searching for my current career in international business. Their morning meetings were positive and started my day with a postive note, something I miss at my new job. The people were inviting and encouraging every step of the way.

Cons

My feet hurt for the first week but nothing some good insoles couldn't take care of and to be honest I was on my feet more huffing it to my classes in college.

Cut people lose, some people just don't have a good work ethic or the student mentality for a challenging job, nor the accountability, I know the program is designed to help people gain a valuable skill set and offer a great opportunity but some people just don't have what it takes.

There are newer employer reviews for Principal Marketing