Great place to work, wonderful people, very smart, team oriented, transparent communication from top management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Printronix

Pros

The people are just awesome, bright, very passionate about the product and making the company successful. Printronix has a strong heritage of excellent product, the company has been in existence since 1974 so there is a long history in the OC area. Communication from Executive Management is great, regular meetings with employees and very transparent

Cons

Manufacturing transitioned overseas so some of the areas of the building are dark

Continue the transparent communication with employees and continue to give praise where needed. A simple "thank you" goes a long way.

Other Reviews for Printronix

A great opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Printronix

Pros

Management provides the kind of freedom needed to stimulate a menaingful workplace. With the right tools, employees are encouraged to do more and take on supplemental assignments. But management is keen to support and reinforce company objectives to make sure we're all moving in the same direction.

Cons

Nothing scathing, and nothing we couldn't do without. If I'm pressed, I would love for the cafeteria to be back, but we have had different options (from gourmet food trucks, company sponsored catering, and lunch deliveries).

Managers already do this, but keep listening to your employees. They have a lot to say and love to be heard. We've bought into our company objectives, and like you've said, we're in this together.

No work life balance

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Printronix

Pros

Most of the people at non-managerial levels are friendly.
    There is a cafeteria in the building
    Near major freeways

Cons

Just horrible communication and management - big rift between Administration and Engineering
    Work life balance is a joke in the Finance department. The Director of Finance expected you to work 24/7 - he required your cell phone and home phone numbers so he could get a hold of you anytime he needed. There was no ownership or accountability - no communication or announcement regarding changes that may affect monthly routines - just had to deal with it. No communication or organization in the finance department, the Finance Director would always wait until the last minute for requests requiring immediate turnarounds. The final straw was when the Finance Director wanted me to cancel my already approved PTO at the very last second. When I said no, he wanted me to work remotely during my PTO. He told me he did it all the time.

Improve on the work life balance. Just in the Finance department, there was constant turnover. The current Finance Director definitely needs management training and needs to be more considerate of his team. Not everyone is a workaholic.

There are newer employer reviews for Printronix.

Worked for Printronix? Contribute to the Community!