There are newer employer reviews for Privateer Press

A lot of fun, but you won't get rich.

Current Employee - Packer in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Packer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Privateer Press

Pros

Coworkers are genuinely good people.

Cons

Not a lot of money in this industry.

Advice to Management

Update technology.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Privateer Press

Pros

These people are truly wonderful, they took a no name person with a lifelong dream to write and gave me an assignment. Doug and Mike were especially wonderful and patient with me, they made the entire process as quick and easy as possible.

Cons

There is very little money to be made doing freelance and there are tons of people who vie for the same assignments. Being a small company limits their available resources, but that is to be expected

Advice to Management

Not really advice but I hope the company grows enough to where I can work there full-time

They have no care for their hourly employees.

I worked at Privateer Press full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So long as you work and do not speak up, you will likely not be messed with. If you like to be left alone, unless you do something to anger management, they will pretty much never talk with you.

Cons

No future in the company. No employee development or training options. Complete disregard for hourly employees. Industry bare minimum standards of safety and health. Wage discussion is suppressed and dismissed. Employee organization is suppressed and dismissed. Management at all levels is completely despondent, dismissive, and uninformed in any aspect of their departments. Nepotism and cronyism run every aspect of company "progression". Hourly employees are referred to by management as "Not Really People". Over the time I worked here, the morale of Privateer Press has fallen apart. The only support you get is from your friends.

Advice to Management

Everything does not have to be a zero sum result. If you want people to stay and invest themselves in your company, then the company will have to be ready to invest in the people as well.