Pro-Vision Video Systems

Opportunity Knocks!

Current Employee - Region Sales Manager
Current Employee - Region Sales Manager

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

There are no shortcuts to success. This position requires you to work hard every day! The ultimate reason why people don't last is that they get caught up concerned about results instead of focusing on growth. Results come with the quantity of opportunities that you create. Therefore, the money and success that we all strive for is in direct correlation with the amount of opportunites created. This job is straight forward and is what it says it is, a job where you can only really fail if you don't take personal ownership over what you want to become. However, if you follow the plan laid out you will fly.
You are assigned a multi state territory with tremendous support from virtually every member of the company. To the negative post I have to assume that the individual became enamoured with results instead of focusing on creating opportunities. Do not let one individual dissuade you from being a part of a challenge that you will love. Stay commited and you will not fail.

Cons

I really don't have a con. With that being said, I would say that individuals who are in financial limbo should understand that you will make a tremendous amount of money.However, there really is no "Monday Night Bail". Understand that you are learning a new skill, how to follow and execute a plan. You learn to implement it better and better every day. It takes a little while for you to make big money. That is why I said to focus on growth and not results. This is why the post from the disgruntled person is inaccurate. He/She "expected" that success would just come like poof.

reviews filtered by

Pro-Vision Opportunity

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

An absolutely unbeatable opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic! The key to selling this type of equipment is that most of your prospects (95%) look at this equipment as a "NEED" not a "WANT". NEEDS are certainly nice to sell. When I first started with Pro-Vision in March of 2011, I told the owner that "if just half of what you said is true, this would be a fantastic opportunity". I guess I was a bit suspicious after hearing from so many insurance and credit card processing companies that a six figure salary was an automatic. Well now it is 2013 and I have not been disappointed. The first 12 months of hard work and effort came with commission in excess of 125K and 2012 came with commissions earned of more than 150K (I actually thought that the second year got easier because of all the ground work that was laid). All this was accomplished in a manageable 3 state territory. I also view the fact that there was very little to no account management tasks that I was responsible for on a day-to-day basis as a major positive. You have a solid and dependable engineering, materials, marketing and customer service team that you can rely on for support.

Cons

For some people this may not be the right job as it has a 100% commission compensation structure (There is a draw to get you ramped up). But for me, it is perfect. I have always been a believer that sales people (really all employees) should be paid for what they produce. If you are good, this is a simple and rewarding comp plan that rewards you for selling.

Advice to Management

As a current member of the Management team (9/2012) I will defer on this question. I'd like to continue to make Pro-Vision a place that empoyees feel more like owners.

2. Great opportunity, follow the plan and you will succeed.

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is laid out so all the sales team has to do is execute.
    Compensation plan is very generous.

Cons

Occasionally extra hours are required.