Pro-Vision Video Systems

www.seeingissafety.com
  www.seeingissafety.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pro-Vision Video Systems

Opportunity Knocks!

Current Employee - Region Sales Manager
Current Employee - Region Sales Manager

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

There are no shortcuts to success. This position requires you to work hard every day! The ultimate reason why people don't last is that they get caught up concerned about results instead of focusing on growth. Results come with the quantity of opportunities that you create. Therefore, the money and success that we all strive for is in direct correlation with the amount of opportunites created. This job is straight forward and is what it says it is, a job where you can only really fail if you don't take personal ownership over what you want to become. However, if you follow the plan laid out you will fly.
You are assigned a multi state territory with tremendous support from virtually every member of the company. To the negative post I have to assume that the individual became enamoured with results instead of focusing on creating opportunities. Do not let one individual dissuade you from being a part of a challenge that you will love. Stay commited and you will not fail.

Cons

I really don't have a con. With that being said, I would say that individuals who are in financial limbo should understand that you will make a tremendous amount of money.However, there really is no "Monday Night Bail". Understand that you are learning a new skill, how to follow and execute a plan. You learn to implement it better and better every day. It takes a little while for you to make big money. That is why I said to focus on growth and not results. This is why the post from the disgruntled person is inaccurate. He/She "expected" that success would just come like poof.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Pro-Vision Video Systems (View Most Recent)

WOW, what a PR Machine

Current Employee - Sales Mangler  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Mangler in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people in the company are posting all "5 Stars" to offset the bad reviews from disenchanted cast-offs.

Cons

This is a Con... game.

This kind of behavior will catch up to you. Go with a independent reps organization.

RUN AWAY from this opportunity. I've seen advertisements on job boards saying SALARY of over $100K. Is commission ONLY!

Former Employee - Region Manager  in  Byron Center, MI
    Former Employee - Region Manager in Byron Center, MI

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the travel, specifically the places and people I would come across, that I might not ordinarily do so if simply flying from location to location. I also enjoyed a few of the peers, and have remained in contact (though all of them have since long left this company).

Cons

Honestly, too many to list. The training is hap-hazzard, and they simply want to get you in the field as quickly as possible to dial for dollars. At the end, this is a glorified telemarketing job, that you then spend one week out of three meeting with people that you set appointments with.

Did I mention that YOU PAY ALL EXPENSES (gas, food, lodging, demo/trials, etc.)? At the end of the day, this is a glorified 1099/contractor position that they've made W2 with some benefits, and allow you to "float" the expenses on a corporate card (so they can benefit from the points), and then take those expenses out of your commissions before you see a cent.

I've honestly never seen so many people come and go in my time there (or since, as I've heard), other than used car companies, which is the equivalent of the pitch you get from management, at the beginning and throughout your tenure there (again, spin doctors). At the end of they day they have no skin in the game, other than a company car you pay gas for and a small draw that's at risk.

NOTE: Remember that if you see ONE negative response about a company, then "Hey, you can't please everyone." .... but when you see MULTIPLE negative responses about a company, then you need to consider "Can they actually please ANYONE?" To sum that question up ... yes, themselves (i.e. the owners)

Like the other person on here said, you talk a good game, but at the end become spin-doctors and don't support the people in the field that are the face of your company. You call everyone "CEO's of their own territory" EVERY week on the weekly calls, but give them little latitude to make their own decisions, and will overrule the individual whenever you want on pricing, and more.

There are newer employer reviews for Pro-Vision Video Systems

Worked for Pro-Vision Video Systems? Contribute to the Community!