ProAssurance
www.proassurance.com Birmingham, AL 500 to 999 Employees

I was allowed to be a professional and treated as such.

Claims (Current Employee)

I have been working at ProAssurance full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company culture is one of success and teamwork. Since we work with professional individuals as clients (physicians, dentists, podiatrists, and attorneys), we are encourages to ensure they are treated fairly. Salaries are extremely competitive with generous benefits. Management is connected to the overall sentiment of the employees and seek to know how improvements can be made.

ConsTraining beyond industry needs is nonexistent. When I started, I came from the insurance industry but from a different genre than what ProAssurance offers. I asked if any designations/additional training is necessary. I was told that I did not need this type of training because I would be trained on the job. Unfortunately, I struggled during my second and third years as I had reached the extent of my knowledge. The only training I received was negative reviews coupled with constant reminders that needed to do better but no information on how to do it..

Fast forward several years after doing it my way, and being promoted, I read manuals for industry training. The information in these manuals was EXACTLY what I needed back then! That was a lesson for me. I must be persistent when I know I can benefit from a specific training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the amount of educational benefit.

Just Ok

I have been working at ProAssurance

Pros: Company benefits, 37.5 hour work weeks Cons: micro managing, insufficient training at initial hiring then countless training sessions after you have been thrown… Advice to Senior Management: if you are going to preach about treating people "fairly",… More

A good company, good benefits, positive culture, but light on salary & advancement

Senior Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at ProAssurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits. Positive culture. Supportive environment. Good… Cons: Lower than average salaries paid. Difficult to advance, advancement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ProAssurance.

Worked for ProAssurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ProAssurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ProAssurance CEO W. Stancil (Stan) Starnes. All reviews posted anonymously by ProAssurance employees.