There are newer employer reviews for ProAssurance

I was allowed to be a professional and treated as such.

Current Employee - Claims
Current Employee - Claims

I have been working at ProAssurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company culture is one of success and teamwork. Since we work with professional individuals as clients (physicians, dentists, podiatrists, and attorneys), we are encourages to ensure they are treated fairly. Salaries are extremely competitive with generous benefits. Management is connected to the overall sentiment of the employees and seek to know how improvements can be made.

Cons

Training beyond industry needs is nonexistent. When I started, I came from the insurance industry but from a different genre than what ProAssurance offers. I asked if any designations/additional training is necessary. I was told that I did not need this type of training because I would be trained on the job. Unfortunately, I struggled during my second and third years as I had reached the extent of my knowledge. The only training I received was negative reviews coupled with constant reminders that needed to do better but no information on how to do it..

Fast forward several years after doing it my way, and being promoted, I read manuals for industry training. The information in these manuals was EXACTLY what I needed back then! That was a lesson for me. I must be persistent when I know I can benefit from a specific training.

Advice to Management

Increase the amount of educational benefit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Just Ok

I have been working at ProAssurance

Pros

Company benefits, 37.5 hour work weeks

Cons

micro managing, insufficient training at initial hiring then countless training sessions after you have been thrown out there to figure things out on your own. treated like children, no incentive to do well

Advice to Management

if you are going to preach about treating people "fairly", learn to treat your workers "fairly"

A good company, good benefits, positive culture, but light on salary & advancement

Former Employee - Senior Risk Management Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Risk Management Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ProAssurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Positive culture. Supportive environment. Good stability. Strong senior leadership.

Cons

Lower than average salaries paid. Difficult to advance, advancement decisions not based on merit.