ProAssurance

Mixed-Feelings

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ProAssurance

Pros

The company had great benefits especially for a smaller-sized company....Great time off as well as 401(k) and insurance.

Cons

I do feel that there are extreme communication issues from top to bottom that could be prevented. Most people were only promoted because of "lip-service".

15 Other Employee Reviews for ProAssurance (View Most Recent)

Excellent.

I have been working at ProAssurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company. I can’t speak for all salaries, but mine is about 25% more than most of my friends/peers with comparable education and in similar fields. I’m sure it varies widely by department and function, though. Benefits are solid. Vacation time is very good. The company makes a point to emphasize employee development and strives to promote internally (Cliché, but true). Stock is doing well and you can get options very quickly. Senior leadership seems hyper-competent and has direction. The customer sincerely comes first so you can go home feeling good about yourself. A national leader.

Cons

Admittedly, professional liability insurance and risk management consulting isn’t the sexiest field, but it can be interesting as you learn the nuances of it and all the details that play into your job function. Yes, some idiots slip into every company, but they’re few and far between here, and they don’t make it very far. It is a multi-billion dollar corporation, so some things can move somewhat bureaucratically, but relatively better than other corporations I’ve worked with. ProAss can be a bit conservative and slow to adopt new solutions and ways to solve problems, so it will be interesting to see how it affects them in the future, but I’m very happy here.

Embrace more change and try to reduce some of the bureaucracy to make the company more reactive to new situations.

Accountant

I worked at ProAssurance as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company, great people, great benefits.

Cons

Lots of hours can be required at close

There are newer employer reviews for ProAssurance