There are newer employer reviews for ProBuild

Constant change, no training, poor leadership

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at ProBuild full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here gives you experience on what NOT to do as a department manager/director. If you like change, they have plenty of it with very little employee retention.

Cons

Low pay. Management is too busy covering their tails to help develop the skills/training of their subordinates. Management (supervisor, manager, director) positions are typically held less than 18 months per person.

Advice to Management

Train and develop your staff. Develop a department action plan and instead of scrapping it and starting fresh every four months, work out the kinks and move forward.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very dissapointed employee of 14 yrs

Current Employee - Lumberyard in Lakeview, OR
    Current Employee - Lumberyard in Lakeview, OR

I have been working at ProBuild full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I honestly can not think of any since probuild took over what used to be lumbermans 5 yrs ago

Cons

No raises in 5 yrs since it became probuild,no more bonuses, unprofessional manager, no incentives at all anymore,like employee of the quarter,perfect attendance,ect. I have worked for what use to be lumbermans and is not probuild for almost 14 yrs and in the last 5 yrs since probuild took over i have watched alot of changes take place that have diminished the employees self esteem. I have not called in sick in 5 yrs and work out in the yard have since day one and am only making a lousy 11.70 an hr with no raise for the last 5 yrs. I would like someone to justify this to me.

2. Misfit

Former Employee - Component Tech in Milton, FL
    Former Employee - Component Tech in Milton, FL

I worked at ProBuild full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do keep a lot of work due to large sale force.

Cons

Abundance of dissension among employees. If you are an employee for this company you need to watch your back because you may find yourself becoming someones scapegoat. If you are an outsider you may be judged the moment you walk through the door. They also take advantage of hardworking employees, continually working them into the ground.

Advice to Management

Better manage the talents of employees and coordinate them appropriately. For a company that is so large you would think they would have the resources to better train employees that may have limited experience in a particular position.