There are newer employer reviews for ProCare Therapy

Very positive experience as a contract SLP!

Current Contractor - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID
Current Contractor - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My direct contact at ProCare (one of the Educational Resource Directors) has been a breeze to work with from the start: straightforward, fair, professional, warm. If she says she will do something, she does. She has interceded as needed with my supervisor in the school district when that person attempted to add duties not originally specified during the interview/hiring process, and that was worked out calmly and professionally (and the extra duties were not in the end added to my workload!). A good balance of being there when needed but not micromanaging. Pay has been like clockwork--never a snag, and they have a very user-friendly online timesheet that you enter your time into at the end of the week.

Given that I've now done two contracts with ProCare, I can attest that my initial impression was not a fluke. It's been very nice working with this company!

Cons

The only cons are those related to all contract work (no guarantee that a contract will be renewed, etc.).

Advice to Management

I'd love to see the resources for therapists grow--perhaps evidence-based practice briefs? Databases of digital and printable therapeutic materials? Monthly or quarterly phone staff meetings with contract therapists of the same discipline so they can get to know one another and tackle a practice-related topic? All of these would be welcome additions to an already good company.

reviews filtered by
  1. ProCare rocks!

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

I love working for ProCare. We have a close group that cares about serving children, schools and our therapists. At the end of the day, I feel great about the work I do.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a very flat organization with two levels: management and educational resource directors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The vibe and energy at ProCare is inspiring. It's nice to know that the company still has it's small company/family feel.

2. Great company to work for!

Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor

Pros

I've been working for this company on a part-time basis as a speech-language pathologist for several months now. They are very supportive of their employees. I just wish they'd pay a higher hourly rate, but I think their rate of pay is pretty much on par with that of other healthcare contracting companies

Cons

None that I can think of.