Good people, but repetitive work. You're going to want to love what you do to stay long term

Former Employee - Editor  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Editor in San Diego, CA

I worked at ProQuest as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice atmosphere, good natured coworkers, easy-going atmosphere

Cons

Editing and abstract writing can get get repetitive. Much like the mail: It never stops!

Other Reviews for ProQuest

I Need a New Job

Current Employee - Content Acquisitions  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Content Acquisitions in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ProQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

The occasional person is nice. Okay as a last resort for new graduates.

Cons

I don't make enough to cover the bills. My department has more cliques than a high school and is 1/10 of the size. I keep getting assignments that are new to me but cause me to be yelled at because action wasn't taken years ago. Also I'm working in a basement with no windows; We call it the dungeon.

Get in touch with the cost of living in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti so we can afford to keep working for. I'm looking for a second job so I can keep my apartment and eat!

Not the best, not the worst.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ProQuest

Pros

Company has respect for your work/life balance. Adequate time-off is give and management is very understanding towards time-off requests. Benefits are good.

Cons

Company's management is very "top-down." If you are new employee, your voice is not really considered, much less, heard. There is very little room for promotion or advancement, nor is the company very interested in helping you further your career. Promotions are given based solely on seniority, performance, capabilities, and dedication is not considered. Upper management is out of reach, regardless of how hard you work it is not recognized. Sometimes a simple "thank you" would be appreciated.

The company could benefit from a more "flat" approach to their leadership. Many of the lower-level employees have ideas on ways make improvements but are not heard.

There are newer employer reviews for ProQuest.

Worked for ProQuest? Contribute to the Community!