Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Speech Pathologist
Former Employee - Speech Pathologist

I worked at ProStep Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers and loved the positive atmosphere of the rehab gym and other therapists. My facility rehab coordinator was also very wonderful and understanding as I was a new therapist still learning the ropes of working in a skilled nursing facility. Productivity expectations were much more reasonable (82%) compared to other SNF companies which can require up to 98%.

Cons

Finding consistent supervising as a CF was challenging. This facility was considered a teaching facility and could provide adequate teaching (to my knowledge) for everyone but speech therapy. Nursing was nearly always understaffed and overworked which impacted my ability to fully implement therapy plans with residents which required nursing participation.

Advice to Management

There should be better protocols in place for providing supervising for SLPs in their CF.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Competitive salary with room to grow

Current Employee - FRC
    Current Employee - FRC

I have been working at ProStep Rehabilitation

Pros

As a PT there iis room to grow in this company as long as you are on top of your game.

Cons

Company benefits have deteriorated. 401k matching no longer offered. Medical co-pay has increased. Another downside would be company job recruiters don't last very long.

Advice to Management

My advice to coporate is to bring back 401k company matching. Improve employees health insurance co-pay. Irradicate those none performing area directors and regional directors.

The company has loss it's focus of client centered care

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at ProStep Rehabilitation

Pros

The salary and benefits are comparable to other employers and I rarely had trouble taking PTO. The therapy staff is very friendly and demonstrated excellent interdisciplinary communication. For a skilled nursing environment, there was a variety of age groups and diagnosis. The therapy department has multiple therapists with many years of experience.

Cons

There was very little support for therapy from nursing, for instance pain management with medications in order to participate, requested patients dressed and out of bed, etc. A lot of tension and dysfunction between therapy as a department and other departments. High productivity standard and the company decided to reduce the number of hours of support staff making transportaiton of patients and many other elements of care more difficult for cinicians, therefore we achieved lower productivity. Bonuses are earned by meeting productivity standards, which is not an achieveable goal. No overtime offered for support staff (therapy techs) so they often worked off the clock to complete all that was required of them. Discontinued support for cont ed. through re-imbursement of the class or days off to attend class. CNAs rarely penalized for mistakes in following plan of care, ultimately reducing the patient's progress IE Completely helping a patient with clothing management while they toilet when they only need SBA.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of therapy techs to support the number of therapists and case demands. Select an achieveable productivity standard. Improve the relationship between nursing and therapy to support the therapist and patient's success; follow resident care plans. Support your staff so they can help others.