Procter & Gamble
3.9 of 5 1,869 reviews
www.pg.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Good place to work for the most part

Finance (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

Pros- If you get a good manager you are set.
- Management has been pretty open to taking time off.
- Pay and benefits are pretty decent as long as your ratings stay decent.
- Recognition for hard work is good with the right management.
- Potential to get a well rounded view of the company due to the many role transitions

Cons- Your success or failure is completely dependent on what kind of relationship you have with your manager.
- Too many politics need to be played just to get promoted or even get a good rating.
- Ratings are NOT based on the feedback you receive from your "customers" it is largely based on the political game and if your "higher up" feels like battling for your during ratings.
- If you wind up being rated the lowest no raises are given, yet, your benefit costs continue to rise.
- Company boasts having work/life balance and opportunities to work a variety of flexible work arrangements that won't penalize you at ratings. However, this is all dependent on if your direct manager lets you actually take advantage of this "benefit" the company offers.
- While the pay can be good, it can take a nose dive when you factor in the work that has to come home with the people stuck in high stress jobs
- Conflicting guidance from management - first they want everything to tie out to the penny, then, they say to get data faster and not worry about tying everything out, then, they go back to wanting everything to tie out to the penny. Make up your mind.
- Interns get hired directly into management positions rather than promoting employees who have been here working in the ditches. Better to come in as an intern or get recruited straight from college if you are looking for a management role. Outsiders that get hired in get hired in at the bottom and spend years attempting to work their way up only to find a thick glass ceiling between the lowly specialists and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the little guys. The people doing the grunt work. Keep them happy and you will have more dedicated employees willing to stick it out. Don't insult us by hiring kids in above us to be our managers when we have been with the company for so much longer. Reward those here and live up to the "promote within" idea. Take into account what others actually have to say about employees during ratings rather than leaving it up to one person who may or may not like the person and probably has their own agenda. Penalizing low rated employees by not giving them at least a cost of living increase is a great way of screwing someone over who has already been knocked in the teeth. Great way to drive people out whether they deserved the low rating or not.

Best training, winning culture, passionate people

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros: Best marketing training in the world. In maketing function: strong general management training and experiences. Huge responsibility as soon as you walk in… Cons: Very large, complex organization. Slow decision making. Too much process. Only people with strong personal leadership that make things happen can be ultimately succesful… Advice to Senior Management: Simplify the organization matrix. Too much transaction between BFO,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Outstanding - excellent training and opportunities to contribute. My colleagues are also my friends - a great place!

Purchasing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros: Excellent benefits, flexibility to manage work and home life, outstanding career opportunities and training. Most of all, a very competent organization which makes… Cons: The pressure to do well is enormous and the competition… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on rewarding contributions and recognizing strengths in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley. All reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees.