Procter & Gamble
3.9 of 5 1,869 reviews
www.pg.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Is Job stability your most important factor?

Researcher (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

ProsThey invest alot in their employees' training opportunities. There is always an opportunity to learn about other areas of the company or to dig deeper into a topic of interest. P&G also strongly encourages collaboration, so you could really get into anything that they have to offer project-wise (as long as you have something to offer back). I would also mention job stability, but that goes for most large consumer products companies. They make it very clear how you can succeed within the company (by their definitions of success), but it is also possible for you to make your own way to meet your own definition of success as well.

ConsUpper management is very resistant to change and new technology. Be prepared for your great ideas to be shot down...then adopted 3 years later once upper management can wrap their heads around it.
The recruiting process is a mess, their [R&D] recruiting "teams" are people with full-time jobs in technical roles looking to make the numbers. They recruit as a "side job" so alot of people/papers/etc. fall through the cracks. If you aren't careful they will treat you like a commodity. If you do not have an engineering degree- ask SPECIFIC questions about everything. Never settle for the first "fluff" answer that they give you.

Be prepared to be under-utilized your first 1-2 months (or more) with this company. They assume it takes a lifetime before you can contribute something of worth. Be persistent and take initiative to get meaningful work up front.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the recruiting program, remember these people are the future of your company. The level of disorganization and secrecy about company policies (TCS system for non-engineers) is unfair to candidates trying to decide where to spend the next few decades.

My Honest Opinion

RD-Formulations (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros: Great Experience. A lot of opportunity for growth/travel. Fast pace environment. Diversity is being… Cons: Location: Cincinnati is a love/hate city: either you like it or hate it. Not a very much diversity. If you are… Advice to Senior Management: Not all managers are 'cut' to be managers. Many are better doing what they love: Research. At times,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunities with work life balance. No oxymoron here!

Technical Documentation Administrator (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros: Procter and Gamble is a great place to work because they bring the best out of you. My manager is extremely supportive of my… Cons: The first downside I can think of is the dental plan. I live in Boston where dentists are not cheap, and unfortunately the Procter… Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for continuing to make P&G a highly successful… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley. All reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees.