Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Is Job stability your most important factor?

Current Employee - Researcher in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Researcher in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

They invest alot in their employees' training opportunities. There is always an opportunity to learn about other areas of the company or to dig deeper into a topic of interest. P&G also strongly encourages collaboration, so you could really get into anything that they have to offer project-wise (as long as you have something to offer back). I would also mention job stability, but that goes for most large consumer products companies. They make it very clear how you can succeed within the company (by their definitions of success), but it is also possible for you to make your own way to meet your own definition of success as well.

Cons

Upper management is very resistant to change and new technology. Be prepared for your great ideas to be shot down...then adopted 3 years later once upper management can wrap their heads around it.
The recruiting process is a mess, their [R&D] recruiting "teams" are people with full-time jobs in technical roles looking to make the numbers. They recruit as a "side job" so alot of people/papers/etc. fall through the cracks. If you aren't careful they will treat you like a commodity. If you do not have an engineering degree- ask SPECIFIC questions about everything. Never settle for the first "fluff" answer that they give you.

Be prepared to be under-utilized your first 1-2 months (or more) with this company. They assume it takes a lifetime before you can contribute something of worth. Be persistent and take initiative to get meaningful work up front.

Fix the recruiting program, remember these people are the future of your company. The level of disorganization and secrecy about company policies (TCS system for non-engineers) is unfair to candidates trying to decide where to spend the next few decades.

2156 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Globally Great - Mexico is a mess

Current Employee - Supervisor Band I
    Current Employee - Supervisor Band I

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

You learn a lot, you get developed and invested a lot and have lots of responsabilities that build on your skills as a professional. P&G is literally a great school to develop amazing leaders.

Cons

There's a huge difference in the career paths between functions (i.e. Mkt vs PS) and even when being so transparent and everything they can find a way to slow down careers because its a path of resistance so they tengo to squeeze people as much as they can and promote them when they are about to leave.

Well.. I got super screwed since I was a scholar for almost 3 years and P&G decided to completely dismiss my experience and time at the ocmpany for promotion purposes which I believe is very very unfair. I believe they should be very consistent on the whole "caring about individual" part.

Great company, but what's the future?

Former Employee - Director in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Director in Danbury, CT

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Public company - benefits. Great location. Fair work environment; lots of opportunity.

Cons

Industry is dying. What's next after alkaline batteries? Demand is large but not growing for current products. Differentiation very hard to maintain.

Broaden the brand. Look for new ways to grow the business. Invest in R&D, new business development etc. Take a few risks.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble