1971 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

P&G sounds more exciting than it is

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager  in  Woodland Hills, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

The reputation of the company is wonderful. Working for Procter & Gamble in Marketing has really increased my job opportunities within the Consumer Products industry.

Cons

You are generally required to spend some time working out of Cincinnati. There are limited opportunities in Los Angeles, Baltimore, and Boston.

As the company is entirely promote from within, any external experience is disregarded.

There is a lot of beauracracy and it takes a long time for things to get done.

Remove certain layers of management and better define roles. I dont' have a job description and I'm not even sure what my manager does.

Other Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Life at P&G

Current Employee - Senior R&D Researcher  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior R&D Researcher in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

There is an enormous amount of flexibility in the day to day job schedule in terms of the start and stop times for each days work. In general, the people are very motivated to work together as a team and most people are happy to be working for the company. Recent HR themes have focused on improving work/life balance.

Cons

It can be very competitive within the same level, and there can sometimes be slow promotion rate depending on the site and category worked. If one is not willing or able to move to a new site or category it could potentially limit the career path.

To continue to stick to the company PVP, and to try to remember the days when they were entry level.

Great place for opportunities, but voice interests loudly

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Engineering in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Very large company with plenty of opportunities. the benefits are great the longer you stay with the company. the managers are very willing to help you find your passion and place you in the correct location.

Cons

Very pushy company. As an intern you get placed in a function that may not be the one that you'd requested, nor the same department like R&D and PS. too many interns get placed in jobs that they hate because that wasn't where they wanted to go in the first place.

Listen to the interests of your interns. you lose valuable people because they hated their summer job enough to not come back to work for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!