There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Procter develops leadership but be wary of long hours and a lack of Gen Y culture.

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

When i was initially looking for jobs I had many many opportunities presented to me. The reason i choose Procter is because i can learn all the technical skills in the world, but leadership skills are something very hard to come by and Procter only focuses on hiring and developing world class leadership talent.

Cons

Cincinnati, OH although a medium sized city can be a bit of a downer. The public transportation sucks. In the company itself you have to hit the ground running and you often work many more then 40 hours a week. I suggest that you take a hard look at your life and decide if your ready to start running with some of the most competitive and inteligent people in the world because your life is going to be put on the back burner for the first couple of years.

Advice to Management

Try to focus on your culture. With all the outsourcing you've done over the last few years you need to really put an eye to creating a better environment. New Young people at the company are unhappy because you don't give them enough flexibility and there is almost no social scene for them to take part in. Create a culture for young people. This country is going to be running low on talent supply in the next couple of years especially in technical skill sets and its going to take more then money to attract someone to a job here.

reviews filtered by

P&G is a great company to work for if you are a naturally competitive person.

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

ongoing learning opportunities
    your personal market value

Cons

very competitive environment
    located in Cincinnati

Advice to Management

Provide more clarity on future career benefits/ expectations

2. Fantastic company for leadership development

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Very smart people with solid character. We have a stable of great brands - all developed by a stable of great managers

Cons

We can be guilty of focusing inward. We aren't very nimble and spend a lot of time managing management

Advice to Management

None

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble