Sales Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
Former Employee - Intern in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I worked at Procter & Gamble part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, strong culture and values, interesting assignments just to name a few.

Cons

I didn´t notice any cons with this company since I worked there only for one summer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great learning opportunities at all levels, but pretty much that's all...

Current Employee - Supply Chain Planner in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Planner in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined as an A&T (admins&technicians) so my review is from that PoV.
    - Real responsibility from day 1
    - Great learning opportunities at all levels, at all assignments.
    - Smart people to work with
    - You can peak into lot of areas
    - Some outstanding low and mid managers both in people management skills and in business/technical knowledge

Cons

- Work/life balance is close to be non-existent
    - as an A&T, 'looking out of the box' is hard due to the workload in one concentrated area
    - starting salary below the regional average for the job, it gets better if you get your raises the way they promised (much dependent on your manager)
    - promotions depend too much on your immediate manager - so your salary path can become quite flat
    - there's a 'glass ceiling' between the managers and the A&Ts, getting promoted to manager level takes at least 5 years regardless of your talent or abilities, yet you can have a fresh graduate with zero experience and Supply Network knowledge presented as your next manager - or worse, you can get one from a completely different area with zero former experience/studies in the field of SN. SN managers are rarely promoted from within.
    - limited number of interesting A&T jobs to choose from for rotation
    - usually way understaffed, driving a tremendous number of overtime hours, uncompensated but required, which leads to big fluctuation

Advice to Management

Create real 'fast track' career path for A&Ts as well and help the selected ones grow.

2. A great learning experience!

Former Employee - Engineer in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, they take the employee career path in consideration, flexible hours and more important that all... They are willing to spend money in making you the best employee you can be!

I became really close with my work group and keep contact with all of them even when I leave the company months ago. You can feel passion for the work you are doing, and even when making dippers and soap doesn't sound like the big deal, you will feel proud of working to the company

Cons

At 2012 the company isn't going in his best moment... low hiring rate and are reducing personal.

Some people will get absorb by the work load and then will blame the company for WLB issues.