Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

A company with a rich history of quality

Current Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that treats its employees with respect and eqaulity. Employees are heavily supported through excellent communication, training and resources of all types. Compensation is above average with many added benefits.

Cons

In the 8 years I worked for P&G, the pay and organizational structure changed 4 times. There was also a high rate of turnover in middle management, I had 7 different direct managers in 8 years. Some of the mandatory trainings tended to be redundent and overly time consuming.

2156 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

I was a temporary/contractor, I worked very independently with formulation scientists.

Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to make my own schedule that agreed with the needs of the scientist that I worked with.
    The pay was reasonable. I was able to take off as needed for other interviews--it is a temporary job with no chance of permanency.

Cons

The P& employees did not truly value the temps. Temps are treated as second class citizens, not included in any of the events that P&G employees are included in. There were many meetings/events that promote acceptance and diversity, yet they treated the temps like they were not even there. Not so much as a temp appreciation day.

Temps are valuable to the company, treat them tat way.

Large company where bureaucracy and inability to make decisions can frustrate top talent

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really great co-workers. Smart, caring, and are trying to do the right thing.
    Decent mobility within the company with the ability to influence next assignments to get well rounded experiences.

Cons

Leadership cannot look at something without making a new suggestion even if the work is good. Decisions are not delegated down.
    Agility is talked but not actually embraced.

Delegate decisions. Cast a vision and trust your employees to deliver against it versus over-thinking everything that comes across your desk.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble