Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

I was surprised how much more money I could earn outside

Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great fundamental training in whichever area you specialise in. If you move on you will realise how much better skilled you are than others. Corporate responsibility and PVP are inspiring. Great sense of pride comes from working on such well known products.

Cons

Very cult like - "we are P&G and we are the best" can lead to arrogance that ignores reality ( examine the current business situation to see this in action).
Promotion is very difficult and very competitive. Unfortunately it too often occurs due to networks not capability.

Promote from within does not work. We need to infuse other talent and experiences to deal with a rapidly changing world.

2154 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Section Manager

Current Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great People, great ideas comfortable work environment with remote worker flexibility.

Cons

Cult like atmosphere. Resistant to new ideas and new ways of doing things. For publicity purposes they state they are a progressive company...... Not really. Doing things the old P&G way or get out of the way. Management is too restrictive. Compensation and benefits are very good but not worth having to sell your soul. Once the job market changes I am out of here. The lovers of Mom's add make me sick to my stomach. It is such BS.

An amazing company with endless potential for those who seek it out

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It's impossible describe how fun and engaging it is to work at P&G. Right off the bat, you are given immense responsibilities over large-scale projects without ever feeling overwhelmed. Management in this company is highly structured in a positive way and is very supportive of the technical and intangible needs of company employees. Innovation is the driving force and lifeblood of this company, so definitely expect to be open-minded and be open to change and new ideas when you step in. Those who come up with innovative solutions or solutions to company problems that work are fairly promoted/compensated and recognized. Pay is competitive as well, with great benefits that many other companies do not offer, such as profit sharing.

My favorite part of the company is the people however. P&G invests a lot of time, effort, and money into the recruitment of its employees and it definitely shows. I have never had a bad day at work or with anybody in the company. Those both above you and below you by pay-grade or level all have a way of enabling others' capabilities. Employees at this company are generally smart, friendly, and above all, leaders. That is what P&G is all about and it is a great company to not only meet other leaders and managers, but learn to be one yourself.

Cons

It is very difficult to come up with cons for this company due to my great experience with them. The only one I can think of, and this is not a con for me personally, is the fact that its a very large company. The way some people may see this to be a con is that employees become closer to just a number in the company rather than an individual known by everybody. However, it is very easy to get to know others in the company and network.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble