There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Worked with many smart people but the business was uninteresting

Former Intern - Finance in Cincinnati, OH
Former Intern - Finance in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

given autonomy Given responsibility Lots of encouragement and support lots of trust

Cons

Cincinnati is a tough city to live in Selling Tide isn't all that exciting Didn't seem to find a lot of purpose in the work

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

1. I was surprised how much more money I could earn outside

Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great fundamental training in whichever area you specialise in. If you move on you will realise how much better skilled you are than others. Corporate responsibility and PVP are inspiring. Great sense of pride comes from working on such well known products.

Cons

Very cult like - "we are P&G and we are the best" can lead to arrogance that ignores reality ( examine the current business situation to see this in action). Promotion is very difficult and very competitive. Unfortunately it too often occurs due to networks not capability.

Advice to Management

Promote from within does not work. We need to infuse other talent and experiences to deal with a rapidly changing world.

2. Section Manager

Current Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People, great ideas comfortable work environment with remote worker flexibility.

Cons

Cult like atmosphere. Resistant to new ideas and new ways of doing things. For publicity purposes they state they are a progressive company...... Not really. Doing things the old P&G way or get out of the way. Management is too restrictive. Compensation and benefits are very good but not worth having to sell your soul. Once the job market changes I am out of here. The lovers of Mom's add make me sick to my stomach. It is such BS.