There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

I was a temporary/contractor, I worked very independently with formulation scientists.

Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD
Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to make my own schedule that agreed with the needs of the scientist that I worked with.
The pay was reasonable. I was able to take off as needed for other interviews--it is a temporary job with no chance of permanency.

Cons

The P& employees did not truly value the temps. Temps are treated as second class citizens, not included in any of the events that P&G employees are included in. There were many meetings/events that promote acceptance and diversity, yet they treated the temps like they were not even there. Not so much as a temp appreciation day.

Temps are valuable to the company, treat them tat way.

2058 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

P&G

Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycheck. If you play the game right you can get paid much more than you should for being pretty incompetent. There is no accountability for screwing things up. Actually you may even get a promotion out of it. So if you are good at passing the buck you will fit right in.

Cons

Politics of a large company. If you can shut your brain off and keep showing up it is a great place. If you care about doing something meaningful with your life and making a positive impact in other employees' lives it is not the place.

Resign.

Large company where bureaucracy and inability to make decisions can frustrate top talent

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really great co-workers. Smart, caring, and are trying to do the right thing.
    Decent mobility within the company with the ability to influence next assignments to get well rounded experiences.

Cons

Leadership cannot look at something without making a new suggestion even if the work is good. Decisions are not delegated down.
    Agility is talked but not actually embraced.

Delegate decisions. Cast a vision and trust your employees to deliver against it versus over-thinking everything that comes across your desk.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble