Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

I was a temporary/contractor, I worked very independently with formulation scientists.

Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD
Current Employee - Lab Tech III in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to make my own schedule that agreed with the needs of the scientist that I worked with.
The pay was reasonable. I was able to take off as needed for other interviews--it is a temporary job with no chance of permanency.

Cons

The P& employees did not truly value the temps. Temps are treated as second class citizens, not included in any of the events that P&G employees are included in. There were many meetings/events that promote acceptance and diversity, yet they treated the temps like they were not even there. Not so much as a temp appreciation day.

Temps are valuable to the company, treat them tat way.

2154 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

P&G

Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycheck. If you play the game right you can get paid much more than you should for being pretty incompetent. There is no accountability for screwing things up. Actually you may even get a promotion out of it. So if you are good at passing the buck you will fit right in.

Cons

Politics of a large company. If you can shut your brain off and keep showing up it is a great place. If you care about doing something meaningful with your life and making a positive impact in other employees' lives it is not the place.

Resign.

Great company, Great People."

Former Employee - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely friendly corporate culture and work environment. The company offers you the ability to travel internationally and even encourages it. They want you do have a more global perspective and understand different cultures. I liked the low barriers to interacting with upper level management. I found myself as an intern occasionally eating lunch with Section Heads (SH) and Associate Directors (AD). Over a career you can work on completely unique and different projects all while under the P&G umbrella. Each will offer you completely new experiences while allowing you to retain your "benefits."

Cons

A lot of corporate bureaucracy gets in the way of making any significant changes on either work related or work environment changes. Too many things were "set in stone" and it was difficult to figure out who needed to be consulted for what to get something changed.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble