Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Great marketing training ground, but naturally with red tape and bureaucracy

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the privilege of working with good bosses - five and all female, throughout my three years there. Also loved the diversity of cultures/nationalities, good benefits including work from home policy one day a week. Fantastic training ground in marketing and brand management and working with agency partners.

Cons

As with any huge multi-national, lots of processes, red tape and bureaucracy. Many hoops to jump through just to get a simple business plan and budget approved, by which time smaller, more agile competitors are probably two steps ahead of you. HR doesn't add much value to the business other than trainings and exit interviews. Even for the exit interview, the HR manager didn't seem committed to setting it up and I should not even have bothered pushing for it if the company wasn't interested in taking feedback and acting on it.

There's a reason why P&G is good at developing people who end up as CMOs in other MNCs, but not CEOs. Find out why and work on it.

2209 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Overall good culture, good responsibilities but uncompetitive salary

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture & early responsibilities are very famous within P&G. A key pro for me is the work itself - managers work with you to understand your strength/background/interests and get the right job/projects for you which should be a balance between business needs and your development.

Cons

Entry level salaries are not as competitive because the company doesn't want people to stay for money. But we heard the salary curve will get much more steeper in more senior positions.

As a company that practises promote from within, it's important to get the right people in and make them stay. Over-use of salary is a bad idea, but not offering a competitive salary at entry positions really discourage some capable from joining your company.

great learning opportunities and talented people

Former Employee - Section Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Section Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very talented people, consistent principles and values, and great brands

Cons

Too big, slow and bureaucratic at times

just be faster at making decisions

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble