Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com

Great marketing training ground, but naturally with red tape and bureaucracy

Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsI had the privilege of working with good bosses - five and all female, throughout my three years there. Also loved the diversity of cultures/nationalities, good benefits including work from home policy one day a week. Fantastic training ground in marketing and brand management and working with agency partners.

ConsAs with any huge multi-national, lots of processes, red tape and bureaucracy. Many hoops to jump through just to get a simple business plan and budget approved, by which time smaller, more agile competitors are probably two steps ahead of you. HR doesn't add much value to the business other than trainings and exit interviews. Even for the exit interview, the HR manager didn't seem committed to setting it up and I should not even have bothered pushing for it if the company wasn't interested in taking feedback and acting on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a reason why P&G is good at developing people who end up as CMOs in other MNCs, but not CEOs. Find out why and work on it.

great learning opportunities and talented people

Section Manager (Former Employee) Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very talented people, consistent principles and values, and great brands Cons: Too big, slow and bureaucratic at times Advice to Senior Management: just be faster at making decisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Experience for your career

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros: The PVP is best! a very good culture ! Cons: The work load is not getting any better Advice to Senior Management: Simplify working process Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!