There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Great global company with access to great resources...but is subject to the inherent challenges of hierarchy.

Current Employee - Purchasing in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Purchasing in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Flexible working arrangements. -Global company. -Large variety of businesses, enabling one to change roles many times without leaving the company.

Cons

-Hard to get things done (challenges of hierarchy inherent in a big company). -Lack of empowerment at lower levels. -Can't leave P&G for another company and come back (P&G is a promote-from-within company).

Advice to Management

Stop thinking that creating more systems is simplifying.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Succesway Co-op

Current Employee - Successway Co-op in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Successway Co-op in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being in HR, I got to meet all of the recruiters for each field and truly learned what a fortune 500 company was looking for.

Cons

Not a job in the area you want but a job in HR. Some people get to work in a different area but pretty much everyone is in HR. My 2 sessions there were not fulfilling outside of what is listed in the pros.

Advice to Management

Work on making the program more even. A lot of jobs had more responsibilities and and duties than others but we all get paid the same rate?

2. Great company, Great People."

Former Intern - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Intern - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely friendly corporate culture and work environment. The company offers you the ability to travel internationally and even encourages it. They want you do have a more global perspective and understand different cultures. I liked the low barriers to interacting with upper level management. I found myself as an intern occasionally eating lunch with Section Heads (SH) and Associate Directors (AD). Over a career you can work on completely unique and different projects all while under the P&G umbrella. Each will offer you completely new experiences while allowing you to retain your "benefits."

Cons

A lot of corporate bureaucracy gets in the way of making any significant changes on either work related or work environment changes. Too many things were "set in stone" and it was difficult to figure out who needed to be consulted for what to get something changed.