There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Learning experience, but not the company I thought they were

Current Employee - SIP Planner  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - SIP Planner in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the work. Its a great resume builder and career starting point.

Cons

Way too political. The supposed value system is BS. Nobody there follows the guiding principles that this company was founded on. Decisions made on emotion and not fact. Too many meetings. No career advancement opportunities. Workload is way too much to handle. Compensation is 20-30k under what the market is. Was told in interview that flexible work hours and work from home were the norm and found out thats not true. Benefits are increasing in cost at a rapid rate. Generally speaking, this is not the company I thought it was.

Understand that the good talent of the younger generations is leaving your company at an alarming rate due to pay, benefits, and career structure. Get in touch with your people and understand their concerns, if you continue to operate under the... We are P&G, thats why people will stay mentality you will continue to lose market share to your competitiors and will soon become just an average company. Also go back to thinking more about the big picture versus the devil in the details mentality. And please, go back to running a business that people were proud of. You didnt oppease investors, you ran the company the way you saw fit instead of fitting your strategy to invenstors. Understand how your decisions are impacting the entire supply chain, not just what you desire the outcome to be. At an execution level the work that you have designed for us is nearly impossible to execute based on you not being informed of what it takes to execute the plan you set in motion.

2000 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Succesway Co-op

Current Employee - Successway Co-op  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Successway Co-op in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being in HR, I got to meet all of the recruiters for each field and truly learned what a fortune 500 company was looking for.

Cons

Not a job in the area you want but a job in HR. Some people get to work in a different area but pretty much everyone is in HR. My 2 sessions there were not fulfilling outside of what is listed in the pros.

Work on making the program more even. A lot of jobs had more responsibilities and and duties than others but we all get paid the same rate?

P&G

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycheck. If you play the game right you can get paid much more than you should for being pretty incompetent. There is no accountability for screwing things up. Actually you may even get a promotion out of it. So if you are good at passing the buck you will fit right in.

Cons

Politics of a large company. If you can shut your brain off and keep showing up it is a great place. If you care about doing something meaningful with your life and making a positive impact in other employees' lives it is not the place.

Resign.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!