Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Not the company it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love the work that I do. I'm enable by my management to truly make a difference - which is one of the reasons I joined this company - to be a part of something meaningful.

Cons

Right out of college (about 7 years ago) I decided to start my career at P&G. The fantastic work/life balance is what really drew me in. I didn't mind working above & beyond all the time because the company was allowing me the work/life balance that allowed me to enjoy what really mattered in life while still growing my career. In fact, it made me want to give even MORE of myself because I was so grateful. However, I switched managers a few years ago and this new manager does NOT support work/life balance (even though we're a strong group that constantly exceeds results/expectations). It's been such a difficult transition, because you're still expected to constantly give 150% to get your job done, but you're no longer getting the work/life balance for which you worked so hard.

You can't be a company that supports work/life balance if you have some managers that are not on board. Especially during this time of layoffs, benefit prices going up, overloaded workplans,etc. The work/life balance is a huge reason why I admired this company so much! It's what helps keep employees motivated to give their all and stay positive. A lot of us are losing that feeling. It's crucial that all managers be on board with work/life balance, especially if the employee is and always has been a hard worker / dedicated to the company.

2160 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Learning experience, but not the company I thought they were

Current Employee - SIP Planner in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - SIP Planner in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the work. Its a great resume builder and career starting point.

Cons

Way too political. The supposed value system is BS. Nobody there follows the guiding principles that this company was founded on. Decisions made on emotion and not fact. Too many meetings. No career advancement opportunities. Workload is way too much to handle. Compensation is 20-30k under what the market is. Was told in interview that flexible work hours and work from home were the norm and found out thats not true. Benefits are increasing in cost at a rapid rate. Generally speaking, this is not the company I thought it was.

Understand that the good talent of the younger generations is leaving your company at an alarming rate due to pay, benefits, and career structure. Get in touch with your people and understand their concerns, if you continue to operate under the... We are P&G, thats why people will stay mentality you will continue to lose market share to your competitiors and will soon become just an average company. Also go back to thinking more about the big picture versus the devil in the details mentality. And please, go back to running a business that people were proud of. You didnt oppease investors, you ran the company the way you saw fit instead of fitting your strategy to invenstors. Understand how your decisions are impacting the entire supply chain, not just what you desire the outcome to be. At an execution level the work that you have designed for us is nearly impossible to execute based on you not being informed of what it takes to execute the plan you set in motion.

Succesway Co-op

Current Employee - Successway Co-op in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Successway Co-op in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being in HR, I got to meet all of the recruiters for each field and truly learned what a fortune 500 company was looking for.

Cons

Not a job in the area you want but a job in HR. Some people get to work in a different area but pretty much everyone is in HR. My 2 sessions there were not fulfilling outside of what is listed in the pros.

Work on making the program more even. A lot of jobs had more responsibilities and and duties than others but we all get paid the same rate?

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble