Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com

1955 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good for those who have a doctoral degree or pursuing a doctoral degree

Current Employee - Student Contractor  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Student Contractor in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

People here do not put much pressure on you. They try to help you if you fail at some tasks. They reward you well for good work. They listen to your suggestions.

Cons

Your work becomes kind of routine, if you are just a grad student.

Other reviews for Procter & Gamble

Not the company it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I absolutely love the work that I do. I'm enable by my management to truly make a difference - which is one of the reasons I joined this company - to be a part of something meaningful.

Cons

Right out of college (about 7 years ago) I decided to start my career at P&G. The fantastic work/life balance is what really drew me in. I didn't mind working above & beyond all the time because the company was allowing me the work/life balance that allowed me to enjoy what really mattered in life while still growing my career. In fact, it made me want to give even MORE of myself because I was so grateful. However, I switched managers a few years ago and this new manager does NOT support work/life balance (even though we're a strong group that constantly exceeds results/expectations). It's been such a difficult transition, because you're still expected to constantly give 150% to get your job done, but you're no longer getting the work/life balance for which you worked so hard.

You can't be a company that supports work/life balance if you have some managers that are not on board. Especially during this time of layoffs, benefit prices going up, overloaded workplans,etc. The work/life balance is a huge reason why I admired this company so much! It's what helps keep employees motivated to give their all and stay positive. A lot of us are losing that feeling. It's crucial that all managers be on board with work/life balance, especially if the employee is and always has been a hard worker / dedicated to the company.

Challenging Work, Great People & Leadership Development

Current Employee - CMK Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - CMK Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The leadership development here is best in class. After a year, you will be fielding head hunter calls and e-mails given the reputation P&G has for hiring and developing leaders.
    The pay & benefits are more than enough to keep one comfortable.
    Work is challenging, and you will learn quite a bit from the people and suppliers you work with.
    The people are top notch. You will learn quite a bit here.
    The company invests in its people.
    Every function here is very good at what they do. That means that working here in any function can lead to various opportunities elsewhere.
    You learn a bit about everything here.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get everything everyone wants you to get done with.
    Lots of layoffs lately. Though even these have been handled well.
    Large Size & Scale means it does take a long time to get things done.
    Focus on productivity leading to less people doing more work. Definitely leading to a lessinging in quality of the work and quality of work life balance.
    Sometimes centralizing decision making means the experts aren't always the ones making the decision for their region. This is especially acute in NA roles where the region is worth a lot to the company but can sometimes have decisions made globally that may not feel right for our consumer.

Cost cutting and productivity only get you so far. Let the experts in the region or on the custer teams have a bit more control over decisions that are right for their consumer or customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!