There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

P&G big blue Good place to work

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Henderson, NC
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Henderson, NC

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Mostly good people work for the company.

Cons

Company politics. Some folks are not good to work for at P&G.

Not everyone is a people manager. Some of the managers are not very good.

2066 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Conservative, antiquated philosophies on managing people and delivering objectives.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is great for the level of expectations of the work delivered. The benefits in sales are nice but sometimes not necessary considering other company's benefit packages. The people are friendly and mostly from the midwest. On some teams within sales, working from home is standard.

Cons

P&G's big mantra is that "people" are the greatest asset. While this is nice and all, the company does not consistently maintain this philosophy throughout the organization or through all levels. The hierarchy system is institutionalized as a way of life - ie, you can get your hand slapped for emailing your boss' boss directly - where managers at each level are not to be questioned or challenged. The onus is on the employee to manage their managers regardless of the managers competence, engagement in developing the employee, or experience.

I had 5 different managers at P&G and only 1 of them was decent. Because P&G does not have a culture that questions authority and does not hold people accountable as a result, mediocrity is the new bar that is set and continuously lowered as this becomes more ingrained into the culture. Blatant policy violations, overspends, etc are covered up and individuals responsible are given the same high praise as others who exceed expectations and over deliver. It's an incredibly de-motivating experience - and the lack of accountability creates this penetrating sense of job security so no matter how mediocre a person, they know they will always have a safe place in the company.

P&G also has extremely limited to no transparency regarding topics like career planning, where you move, what role you do, and what function you work in regardless of strengths or passions. The decisions are made behind a curtain and planned out for you. I moved three times in 5 years - each time not one person took into account my feedback on preferences or role preferences.

The sales culture is one of intensive brain washing - everyone drinks the kool aid and cannot imagine leaving the company despite high levels of dissatisfaction. Few do. I am one and I am happier than ever. It is one professional decision I will never regret.

Accountability and meaningful results are an important element to instill in any company at any level. There were too many instances where mediocrity was praised even when people did not give even 80% to the task - automatically praising mediocre results sets the bar at mediocrity.

Good people, but overworked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great people. It will vary, but people genuinely care and treat you as partners.
    -Challenging work and lots of ownership and autonomy (depending on your manager).

Cons

-Fewer people, but work has not decreased. Overwork is prevalent across most groups.
    -Lot of "opportunities" for system improvements across the supply chain and departments.
    -Lots of gaps with restructure - in people, decision-makers, leadership structure, etc.
    -Bureaucracy and fluidity from leadership on decisions can be very frustrating to the worker bees.
    -Diminishing reward system with minimal promotion/salary increases given downsizing

Continue to focus on work-life balance. We need to enjoy their life to perform at our best.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble