There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

great company values / culture, a lot of independence at lower levels

Current Employee - Project Manager in Warsaw (Poland)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Warsaw (Poland)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

P&G walks the talk on values - there is a commitment to doing things right, employees are very much looked after, feels like a 'golden cage' at times ;) the culture and people are great, regardless of the part of the world you're in. apart from senior mgmt levels, the org structure feels 'egalitarian' rather than hierarchical. I've found many people to learn good leadership from - and willing to guide & help me on the way, too. this is my first job so unable to compare to others, still talking to friends it feels like you get a lot more independence / responsibility early on than elsewhere (esp. in the IT department, referred to as GBS, which I work in today)

Cons

I'd need to be really mean to find downsides of working here :) much depens on what you want in your career - definitely what you can learn in an internal IT dept in an FMCG company that promotes from within has its limits. still, highly recommended as a great place to learn leadership in & a caring employer.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

1. Great Place if you're in the right team

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Geneva (Switzerland)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits. supportive practices on diversity, flexible work etc. Consistent training/understanding of functional expertise Opprtunities to work abroad and gain international experience as you get more senior. Huge organisation, so a lot of your experience depends on matching your skills to the right team. Always go for the manager/challenge vs the big brands. Great opportunities to get experience across categories within the same company.

Cons

Up or out for key functions. i.e. if you're not consistently in the top 20% you are expected to leave. This causes issues when you're having tough times/ young children etc. Even though they have policies which are supposed to deal with this, it effectively means that women in child-bearing years are disadvantaged. No support other than 'advice' for child care also puts additional strain on trying to succeed as a woman. Tough times forcing productivity cuts - some of which are harming the ability to create breakthrough ideas

Advice to Management

Bring back capabilties /resources to find breakthrough inspiration/innovation Organise childcare facilities for working parents

I was working for Logistics and Production Manager

Former Employee - Logistics and Production Manager in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Logistics and Production Manager in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Doing your best is never enough! Fight everyday for smac standards and a lot of procedures. Big challenges in a continuous way.

Cons

To change a light it's imperative to have a procedure! Everyone wants and can to contribute with your maximum potencial.It's not true even in Procter & Gamble.

Advice to Management

Work and career are very important, but our life should be also.