Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Great company!...until you're expendable.

Current Employee - Customer Business Development
Current Employee - Customer Business Development

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work in Customer Business Development (sales) and maintain a home office. The work is rewarding, managers don't micromanage, and the pay and work-life benefits are great!

Cons

Make sure you work in a business unit that is a strong performer and the apple of A.G.'s eye, lest you find yourself in the unemployment line.

Recognize talent when you see it and make every effort to retain your best employees.

2219 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

18.5 years at Mehoopany

Former Employee - Data Administrator and Systems Owner in Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Data Administrator and Systems Owner in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large Fortune 500 Company. Looks great on a resume. Opportunity to travel to other sites and meet new an exciting people. Free products once a year if the plant does well. Nice employee gift basket during the holidays in December.

Cons

Very poor management at the plant level. Company claims to put value their employees but this is not evident at a plant level. It is extremely difficult for non-management employees to advance in the company. It is very difficult to get training and yet the employees are penalized (and even fired) for not learning fast enough. At the plant that I worked, the management is systematically getting rid of any employees with health issues. They are covering their backsides by finding every reason to write up employees to gather evidence to prove they have cause to terminate. For example, I was doing my own job and covering another position for an employee to had left the company. I had volunteered to cover the extra work until a replacement could be identified. I told my management that I would do the best I could to ensure that all the work was completed. I was written up because they told me that "I will do my best" was taken the wrong way.... WHAT? How is that statement taken the wrong way? There is only one way to take that statement and it is definitely a positive statement. Especially when I volunteered to cover the extra work? I was stepping up to the plate to do what was best for the company. I have at least a half dozen examples like this from the last 6 months that I was employed there. I am glad to be out of there. This type of behavior by the management makes for a very hostile work environment.

Practice what you preach. Actually value your employees and work they put into the company. Don't just give this lip service. Your employees are the most valuable asset that a company has. Treat these most valuable resources with the respect they deserve and that they have earned.

Ok

Former Employee - Product Reviewer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Product Reviewer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As good as it gets in cincy

Cons

boring work
    how exciting are razor blades
    not doing anything to make the world a better place, just getting people to buy a new razor

doubt they care