There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

It's the People that make the Company.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A company that truly does value safety, quality, standards, leadership. This is 'The' company that will challenge you, train you, and expect a lot from you. If you ever do voluntarily leave P&G, you will be one of the most marketable managers in the world.
Total compensation is good to above average. Base salary + benefits + vacation/holidays + profit sharing is an overall very competitive package, especially after 5+ of employment. Pay raises are consistent, usually annual. And in general, work-life balance is good, but it greatly depends on the type of role you have. But P&G leadership overall supports a family atmosphere; whether it's big or small events or issues that you or your family are going through, they will work with you as much as possible.
Our PVPs (principles, values, purpose) are lived everyday. It's not just a saying. Without them P&G would just be any other large corporation.
And if you take the intuitive, you can build an amazing mentor network throughout the company, within many leadership levels. It's invaluable.
Overall, P&G is part of my life, but not my whole life. Plus I have been able to support a very comfortable life for my family and I, and I value (and feel valued) for my contribution to the company.

Cons

Yes, your working for P&G, but in the beginning of your carrier your really working for (and hired for) a specific location. This is especially true in manufacturing- each one is a company it itself. Newer managers (millennials and Gen Y new hires) can be frustrated by this. A general expectation is to do 3+ roles (~2yrs per role) before getting support to apply for roles at another city or site. Just make sure you understand the expectations before you accept your offer.
Perks- no traditional perks such as bonuses until a Band 3 position. Profit sharing %'s have dwindled for new hires over the past 10 years, which is a shame since this is the biggest financial incentive to stay with the company for your entire working career... Especially since there is no matching 401k contribution. Plus, profit sharing is 100% P&G stock, which has been flat for 7 years.
Career planning: you have to learn the delicate balance of leading it yourself, without being pushy and unrealistic.
And lastly, the consumer products business sometimes isn't the most exhilarating... We're not producing Porsche's or iPhones here. We aren't located in the most exciting cities, and we honestly haven't really had any big innovations in a while. But we are 'stable', in a world that seems to be constantly moving forward.

reviews filtered by

Great training and experience

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I would recommend this company to everyone. It is a great place to work with the opportunity to step change your training and experience. If you are motivated and flexible you can navigate to keep stretching your skills. It is especially a great company to learn marketing but from a well rounded general management position ensuring your business management skills are developed.
    * Great training programs
    * Strong on the job training
    * Ability to move and gain new experiences

Cons

As with most big companies the complexity of decision making elongates the process and at times it is not clear who is the decision maker.
    * Very set and established processes
    * Large company thus long time to make decisions

Learn that different business units may need different processes to offer agility to stay competitive in market.

2. Finance Manager

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Work life balance, pay, location

Cons

Many layers; bureaucracy, slow moving at times

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble