There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

It's the People that make the Company.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A company that truly does value safety, quality, standards, leadership. This is 'The' company that will challenge you, train you, and expect a lot from you. If you ever do voluntarily leave P&G, you will be one of the most marketable managers in the world.
Total compensation is good to above average. Base salary + benefits + vacation/holidays + profit sharing is an overall very competitive package, especially after 5+ of employment. Pay raises are consistent, usually annual. And in general, work-life balance is good, but it greatly depends on the type of role you have. But P&G leadership overall supports a family atmosphere; whether it's big or small events or issues that you or your family are going through, they will work with you as much as possible.
Our PVPs (principles, values, purpose) are lived everyday. It's not just a saying. Without them P&G would just be any other large corporation.
And if you take the intuitive, you can build an amazing mentor network throughout the company, within many leadership levels. It's invaluable.
Overall, P&G is part of my life, but not my whole life. Plus I have been able to support a very comfortable life for my family and I, and I value (and feel valued) for my contribution to the company.

Cons

Yes, your working for P&G, but in the beginning of your carrier your really working for (and hired for) a specific location. This is especially true in manufacturing- each one is a company it itself. Newer managers (millennials and Gen Y new hires) can be frustrated by this. A general expectation is to do 3+ roles (~2yrs per role) before getting support to apply for roles at another city or site. Just make sure you understand the expectations before you accept your offer.
Perks- no traditional perks such as bonuses until a Band 3 position. Profit sharing %'s have dwindled for new hires over the past 10 years, which is a shame since this is the biggest financial incentive to stay with the company for your entire working career... Especially since there is no matching 401k contribution. Plus, profit sharing is 100% P&G stock, which has been flat for 7 years.
Career planning: you have to learn the delicate balance of leading it yourself, without being pushy and unrealistic.
And lastly, the consumer products business sometimes isn't the most exhilarating... We're not producing Porsche's or iPhones here. We aren't located in the most exciting cities, and we honestly haven't really had any big innovations in a while. But we are 'stable', in a world that seems to be constantly moving forward.

2058 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

It's not nearly the best company to work for, but it is one of the better ones.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Department Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Department Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits package. Salaries are within top 10% of comparable companies.

Cons

Performance criteria is not administered consistently across assignments

Upper management no longer considers people as its most important asset. They should return to that approach.

Great Salary, Approachable people, Challenging projects, and Relaxed Atmosphere

Current Employee - Product Supply Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Product Supply Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The intern projects are truly your own and very challenging, but there are so many resources and support to help you along the way. The first few week are called 'ramp up' where you are expected to soak as much knowledge as possibly. Interns are treated like a full time employ but with all the benefits of being an intern. Your needs take precedent over full time employers because you need to complete your projects in a shorter time span. Also all of the other interns are really friendly and social.

Cons

Cincinnati is okay, but I rather not live here.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble