Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com
  www.pg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

Great company with mostly great managers

Former Employee - ABM in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - ABM in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

The best part of working at P&G was the opportunity to learn from great people and test new hypotheses to advance the returns on effective branding.

Cons

It's a rare case but sometimes the culture in the acquired companies takes too long to convert to true P&G culture - as such, there are middle managers and upper managers who don't respect their teams the way that they should. P&G seems to have gotten better at removing these elements for the health of the overall brand.

Ramp up your assessments of your remote teams and especially their management teams- at least twice per year - and encourage more direct contact with your employees in these remote locations with HQ upper management.

2160 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Challenging and rewarding internship!

Current Employee - Apprentice in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Apprentice in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

I was given challenging real-world projects. I also was given a signifiant amount of responsibility and was expected to help drive results at the company. Additionally, management was readily available to provide guidance and insight; and they were genuinely interested in my overall success.

Cons

Procter & Gamble has a "promote from within" philosopy. Therefore, they fill most of their full-time new hire positions with previous interns. Consequently, if you do not intern for the company, it is more difficult to obtain a full-time position within the company.

Procter & Gamble is a large manufacturer with an immense environmental impact. Therefore, it is imperative for the company to focus more on environmental sustainability, particularly in its diaper and paper brands.

Good Internship Program

Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

The internship program is definitely a good one. You get meaningful work and everyone there is willing to help out in any way they can. The networking is very good since most of R&D is located in Cincinnati. This provided many opportunities to meet people from other business units.

Cons

I wasn't getting enough feedback on my performance. However, this is just a managerial characteristic. Some managers will be very engaging while others will not. Cincinnati got kind of boring after a while since the nightlife felt like it was a repetitive schedule.

Bring back the onboarding day for interns. A lot of the interns were confused on P&G as a company and it was hard to get a good grasp of the company's goals and workings.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble