Procter & Gamble

Great Place for New Hire

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

I think they really care about you as a person and want to develop you to be the best you can be. You get to learn about various work systems and they give you a guideline or CBA lol on how to do things. There is a way to do everything and its carefully outlined. I don't think this is a bad thing because you don't really have to follow the guidelines, but it makes your life harder if you don't. I think when you start out as a new hire, you want to follow these guidelines and then tweak them or innovate. I actually worked for pg as an intern and wasn't told how to do anything. I think they hired me based on the fact that I did very well given the circumstances. Knowing what I know now, I realise my assignment was incredibly hard and I appreciate the P&G tools now at my disposal. Those tools answer the burning questions I had when I was an intern

There is a lot of work to be done in some categories especially the acquisitions or mergers so you can really showcase your achievements. Furthermore the culture in some locations are very laidback, none of this proctoid stuff you hear about in Cinci.

It does seem to be an engineer's company strangely enough. If you are an engineer you can go anywhere you like from finance to HR without ever leaving the company, I think their training programs are that good.

Lots of people are lifers, that should say something. Finally my interview with P&G was the weirdest ever and I had to take some assessment, which was also pretty strange. They are looking for a certain type of person most definitely and if that's you, great. If not, you probably would have hated it anyway.

Cons

The Locations are pretty bad. The benefits could be better ... how can you not be immediately eligible for 401(k) contribution. Some managers are not good managers. There is obviously some politics and bureaucracy. Onboarding process could be better. Promotion does seem rather sluggish. Pay could be more competitive. Could do a better job of integrating acquisitions. Could have a better recognition program for good results. Workload is rather heavy, it seems like one has to be a jack of all trades. Way too much focus on reapplication and not trying to reinvent the wheel... seems like that goes against LCOS and BVOA and really thinking about 'elegant solutions'

Listen more to the little people, they make P&G what it is and also try to see where your ideas are actually being implemented, it's feedback for the thoughtprocess

2160 Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble (View Most Recent)

Can't really find a better employer in my opinion.

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Everyone is a proffessional, of course there are times you wonder why a person is in his job, but that is not always the case. There is much less politics in this company vs. anywhere else.

Cons

If you are not flexible to move it can be difficult if you want to be in senior management.

Need to be more attentive to people who are not flexible to move.

Keep up the excellent work guiding P&G through difficult economic times and setup the right plan for our future.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

An amazing company with a strong record of growth...good work life balance if you want it and a solid benefits package.

Cons

Its a big company and sometimes thing move slowly through the system. I also think that the recent cutback on international opportunities is a big downside.

Our senior management continues to do a great job in an increasingly difficult market. Stick to the long term goals and continue to deliver best in class shareholder return.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble