There are newer employer reviews for Procurian

Miserable place to work. Constant turnover, incompetent upper management, bad customer contracts

Current Employee - Short On Project Management, Long On Contract Feuds and Drama  in  King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Short On Project Management, Long On Contract Feuds and Drama in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Some of the sourcing work was strong. The stronger sourcing leaders negotiated good deals for customers. However, the leaders I worked for tried to push good deals to ridiculous deals, and suppliers backed out. They wanted suppliers to provide goods essentially for free..which resulted in long delays in securing supplier contracts.

Cons

Not sure where the other comments have came from on this site. But across-the-board employees were miserable at this company, and turnover was through the roof. Professionals in the field were given unreasonable expectations and treated like trash. Working conditions at client sites were abysmal, and employees were allowed $25/day per diem to eat, among other ridiculous items. People I've interviewed recently who have worked there relay similar stories, so things haven't changed.

The Vice Presidents should all be replaced, along with their cronies in the field. Secure some project management expertise (real PM stuff, not the work you're doing now, which you call project management) and have honest contracts with both customers and suppliers. Treat supplier negotiations as win/win vs. I win, you lose. Treat your employees honestly and with respect. And get a bigger office.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Procurian (View Most Recent)

Like the other person said, be careful.

Current Employee - Procurement  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Procurement in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Work Life Balance
    Good Experience
    Potential to move up the ladder

Cons

ICG Commerce has a friendly work environment and everyone has potential to grow. However, you have to be lucky to be placed in a buying center that has the management who can train. I'm currently employed with the company, so i'm not going to be giving the company name we're outsourcing for. But we recently let go one of our employees because they struggled with their performance. The employee was still learning since they'er new. I blame it on the management who hasn't trained well enough for them to succeed. I also knew some other employees who haven't been given a good hand here. I don't know if this is the reason why ICG chooses to hire temps instead of hiring within the company to avoid any legality.

Find a better way to train employees. Everyone has their own learning curve and it's important to communicate. Don't just say, "Look over your notes" and continue chatting with your friends. Perhaps start interviewing the employees yourselves instead of having the temp agencies do it for you. That way you can have a better understanding on who you're bringing on board. In this economy, people can't afford to be taken advantage of.

Somewhat frustrating

Current Employee - Sourcing Lead  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Lead in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Fats paced, exciting, tremendous growth

Cons

incompetent middle management, inequitable salary increase and bonus distribution

Clean up middle managemnt

There are newer employer reviews for Procurian

Worked for Procurian? Contribute to the Community!