Professional Educational Services Group

www.subpass.com

Great company if you want to be a substitute teacher!

Pros

They give you all the training materials you need (aside from your teaching credentials, of course) in order to succeed in the classroom. Their system is automated so you have lots of control over your own schedule. They even offer a 401(k). Pay rates are set by the districts so PESG doesn't have control over how much you get paid, only the process of distribution.

Cons

There aren't any real challenges with this company. I've found that the only issues are with the people at the schools trying to use the automated system.

Other reviews for Professional Educational Services Group

Good organization for substitute teachers!

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Allows subs to quickly find, organize and participate in a variety of substitute teaching positions. Offers services to a wide variety of schools in single area, instead of having to sign in and find positions by single district. The online component works well for searching for available positions and easily connecting individuals to openings.

Cons

Not very personalized - never see or hear from anyone at the office. It's strictly an impersonal, online service. The parent company has an insurance/financial investment branch and often tries to encourage PESG employees to invest/become insured with them. - kind of annoying if you don't need those services. PESG also holds introductory meetings for all new hires, where they spend a good part of their time talking about how they hire a lot of subs, that their subs are great, etc. and yet, when I go to the actual schools, the pictures don't match up - some of the subs are just atrocious, given the behaviors I have heard about from other teachers.

It's all about PESG.

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

If you have good skills as a former/retired teacher you can keep your skills up and running==most time it's fun and enjoyable to maintain kid contact. I love the process of serving kids and assisting them in their learning/school day.

Cons

Well, here are the negatives. If you are a real live ex teacher or on hiatus you will earn the same hourly as
    someone with no teaching degree or background. It simply isn't valued. Sometime staff in schools will barely tolerate you. Luckily that is an exception. Today I was not told of my cancellation of job and was expected to fill boxes for the summer to avoid paying me for showing up..Such is PESG==Don't look for the love! LOL.

I really don't have much advice other to say that if you really care about the kids step up and pay a decent hourly to retain good TEACHERS. It isn't cool.

There are newer employer reviews for Professional Educational Services Group.

Worked for Professional Educational Services Group? Contribute to the Community!