There are newer employer reviews for Professional Photographers of America

Better equipped with fine arts

Current Contractor - Assistant Photographers in Attingal (India)
Current Contractor - Assistant Photographers in Attingal (India)

I have been working at Professional Photographers of America as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Access to the world and grab the snaps

Cons

costly rather than the output

explore the unexplored

reviews filtered by
  1. Simply the best place I've ever worked.

I have been working at Professional Photographers of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great supportive environment. Fun atmosphere with a lot of recognition and reward for the hard work the staff does. The company recognizes that we are a small non-profit with a small staff that has a lot of important work to do so they go to great lengths to show their appreciation to everyone.

Cons

Because we are small there is a very flat organizational structure which does limit the potential for advancement.

You have found the right recipe for keeping morale up. Keep it up!

2. Great place to call work!

I have been working at Professional Photographers of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is supportive, understanding and kind. It's been my experience that PPA allows you to grow as a professional in the ways you want to build your career (with in reason - see the 'con' section for a caveat). What they may fall short on huge salaries, they make up for in employee appreciation, having a strong belief in the work they are doing and keeping company culture happy, upbeat and positive. Their 'no gossip policy' is the best work place policy I've personally seen in terms of cutting down office politics and general nonsense that can detract from your work place happiness. Other fun facts: breakfast every other Wednesday and summer hours where Fridays are half days from Memorial to Labor Day.

Cons

The only thing I would describe as a con is there isn't as much internal advancement as I would like to see. With that being said, if there is an opportunity they allow internal candidates a fair shot, but higher level positions do not come available often.

There are newer employer reviews for Professional Photographers of America