Professionals for NonProfits

There are newer employer reviews for Professionals for NonProfits

Manager of Department

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Professionals for NonProfits full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A chance to be involved with the nonprofit industry

Cons

CEO is not honest, commissions not paid when said they would be paid, promises made and not kept

Do what you say you are going to do

10 Other Employee Reviews for Professionals for NonProfits (View Most Recent)

Work hard and reap the rewards

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Professionals for NonProfits as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is a dynamic environment and it is definitely the kind of company where you get back what you put in. If you work hard, you will achieve the returns you are seeking. You can rapidly rise up in this company and it is very open to new ideas that can help grow the business. You will also get to know a lot of the nonprofit clients and a lot of the candidates.

Cons

The pace is demanding and you need to be able to multitask and quickly pivot to react to changes in the industry. If leadership values you, they will put an effort into training you.

Continue to listen to staff. Take a longer term approach to the business and give appropriate time to let plans bear fruit.

Think before you leap.

I worked at Professionals for NonProfits

Pros

A job that could come in handy when the opportunity won't be found through other means... if it comes along.

Cons

Being at the mercy of fickle and short-sighted clientele. The most common experience is anticipating that a temporary assignment could become permanent, after weeks of putting in good work. Then the person who you've acted as an executive assistant to gets secretive, not even telling you that they're interviewing people for permanent placement when you're supposedly in charge of managing their calendar. An utter lack of appreciation and recognition that retaining a temp from the agency may be worth it, all because of money. It makes a company's decision to use an agency senseless in the end, as they're obviously quite capable of conducting their own hiring process in the first place! In the end, you will need more than a reference after a period of well done work. Unfortunately it is too easy to enter a cycle of piecemeal employment at PNP. Overall, I had a sense that the agency merely sends out resumes and hopes for the best, as opposed to advocating for candidates who don't get a fair shake. I could do that on my own. There's also little to no backup from PNP when their clients are unprofessional. One company had the nerve to change every aspect of an assignment before I interviewed with them, leaving me unprepared. Of course my recruiter had no rebuttal even after she swore she'd look into it. Therefore the agency values my time and effort just as little as the clients. When I wanted to transfer out of the temp and temp-to-perm trap, the permanent division told me there was nothing available that fit my experience. How could a recruiter's last job literally be at the Gap while I've languished at the agency no matter how good my efforts are? The recruiters nor the clients seem to understand when they have a skilled candidate in their midst, only taking limited opportunities because the job market has forced them to.

Be far more efficient in ascertaining a client's intentions, assignment timeline, etc. They already know exactly how long they plan to retain a temp; surely a bit of finesse can reveal the answer. If I get a W2 from you, I'm your employee. I'd like to feel like one instead of being shipped off to a client and never having any further contact.

There are newer employer reviews for Professionals for NonProfits