Progress Energy Florida

www.progress-energy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progress Energy Florida

Great company as long as you get a manager who is not solely out for his or herself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Progress Energy Florida full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Excellent benefits, Somewhat secure, work is not generally difficult

Cons

There is a lot of change going on with the merger, and managers are too worried about themselves rather than about developing employees. Budget cuts have stopped pretty much all personal development. Recently there has been a loss of the importance of work-life balance

Stop trying to CYA, start developing your employees professionally. A simple thank you and good job will go a long way.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Progress Energy Florida (View Most Recent)

Been a great ride....

Current Employee - Mechanic Millwright in Crystal River, FL
    Current Employee - Mechanic Millwright in Crystal River, FL

I have been working at Progress Energy Florida full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Money, benefits, great people for the most part...

Cons

We have been bought out twice... First by CP&L and now by Duke Energy... Seems like the family atmosphere we had when I first started is gone... We always seem to come up short in these buy outs...

Stop the GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to laugh at all the people that felt bad for Bill Johnson, Yall gave him a 44 million dollar severance package for his 2 hours of the new Duke CEO...

A great place to get my first internship.

Current Employee - Intern in Crystal River, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Crystal River, FL

I have been working at Progress Energy Florida as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very helpful. Theres a lot to learn and so many mentors willing to teach. The nuclear atmosphere is very safe and you really feel like the work you are doing is important.

Cons

In my department, Electrical/I&C Maintenance, there are no opportunities to design and innovate. Work mainly concentrates on maintaining and assuring proper function and safety.

Upper management does a great job interacting with their employees,

There are newer employer reviews for Progress Energy Florida