Progress Rail Services

There are newer employer reviews for Progress Rail Services

Great company

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Quality Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progress Rail Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work !

Cons

Very Busy all of the time

NA

21 Other Employee Reviews for Progress Rail Services (View Most Recent)

Treated like dirt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor Mill, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor Mill, KY

I worked at Progress Rail Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I knew I had Job Stability

Cons

-treated like dirt (ie called stupid by my boss, told I needed work 7 days a week for 2 weeks straight and I would live.)
    -they have an integrity line but if you call to complain, they will tell who you are or investigate until they find it out.
    -management can't organize their schedule
    -can't hire any new good workers because pay isn't worth it
    - Decoursey division preaches safety but production comes first whether it is safe or not. Then if someone gets hurt doing so, they mysteriously get fired.
    -Don't have the correct tools to do your job.
    - They make the production numbers so far out of reach that there is no way they can be met. Therefore, we never get our bonus. In four years working for them, I received two bonuses and it was when I first started.
    -Paid out of every check to have uniforms washed and yet I never got half of them back so I had to wear and ruin my own clothes half the time. Even after several of us complained, nothing was done.
    -I was pushed to get my job done but when I would not have parts from the person that was supposed to get them going for me, I was told that someone else's job was more important than mine. Then I'd have to do everyone else's job. Then come the end of the month, I would be given a hard time about my job not being done. How was I supposed to do my own job when my stuff wasn't even ready and then I had to do other people's jobs?

I could go on for hours. This is just some of the issues with this place. When I applied here, I thought being the railroad, that this would have been my career. I couldn't have been more wrong!!! I never imagined that I would have been treated the way I was treated!!!

Treat the people below you with a little more respect. Remember, we are the one's getting the job done in the extreme heat and cold while you sit at your cozy desks.

-If you are going to continue to hire foreign labor, pay them normal pay so that it doesn't keep the rest of us from receiving the pay that we in the United States should be paid. So in other words, stop using foreigners for cheaper labor.

Good place to work

I have been working at Progress Rail Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Insurance, 401K, vacation time, sick days.

Cons

Not much advancement from within. If you hire in low, you will never make what other professionals that do the same job make.

Promote from within first. Better pay for current employees. Sad to find out that someone that was just hired and you will need to train already makes more than you do. Experience should count for something. Stop telling employees " you are trying to get them more money" and then hire new people that will make more than experienced employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Progress Rail Services