There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Representative
Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

The opportunities for advancement into managment

Cons

Sales can be difficult at times. You have to keep a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your employees

reviews filtered by
  1. Low Key, Flexible, managers who communicate

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The managers are generally open door types, not the political type. The company is flat, not a lot of titles. You understand that it started with one man and it can still have that feel. Really good 401k and affordable medical plan.

Cons

The facility needs a face lift and a spring cleaning and a few more picnic tables outside. Employee workout room needs updating, vending machines should offer different options, always the same stuff.

Advice to Management

Share more about the direction and how the company is doing. Share what groups are doing well and who we need to help. Department updates. We should have a facility person to paint bathrooms, fix cubes, get boxes off floors.

Let me throw up positivity real quick

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, almost otherworldly. You're given a fair chance at the job. Casual, relaxed, you are encouraged to be yourself.

Cons

It seems like all everyone does is throw up those catch phrases. I couldn't stand it. If you've worked there you know what I'm talking about. It seems so wonderful at first, but then you find yourself repeating those phrases. You are told you're an independent contractor, but you're not. You're being scammed to scam. You have to clock out to use the bathroom. And God forbid you try to occupy yourself while that "rejection machine" (see what I did I used a phrase) rings endlessly. Nobody picked up the phone? That's you're fault for not sending positive vibes into the computer. Your energy is keeping the contacts away, which is another thing, half of them tell you they're on the do not call list. Eventually you come In every day saying "I'm getting fired today". Don't get close to anyone, they'll disappear. And then when you finally get fired, she rips through the office making a big scene and angrily grabs your stuff from your desk and gets it for you, while you stand and watch everyone looking at you while she parades your stuff out. Because you're not allowed back in the office. It's so embarrassing. It feels like communism. And that's a weird way to put it because it's competitive, but you got queen bee, her minions and then the worker drones. And drone on and on and on. Have fun!

Advice to Management

Meh. You believe in it. Keep on keepin on.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications