Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

The reviews that sound too good to be true -- ARE too too good to be true

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management couldn't care less what employees do day-to-day, so feel free to come in for only a few hours a day, "work" from home, and wear your pajamas into the office. No one will notice or care.

Cons

Revenue has dropped to a fraction of what it was just a few years ago, and upper management is desperately trying to find ANYTHING that will make a few bucks. Whether it's legal or ethical is not part of their concern.

In my time there, I uncovered cases of plagiarism and was aware of several cases of sexual harassment -- none of which upper management was willing to deal with. Instead, they got rid of the "complainers" rather than address the illegal activities their own employees were engaging in.

They're shutting down products left and right which led to multiple layoffs and/or not
hiring replacements for the MANY people who have left in the past two years.

A job here is probably better than the unemployment office -- but not by much. Staying here too long will destroy your career -- and your soul.

Stop having the owner's son write the glowing reviews on this and similar sites. They're so obvious, it's laughable.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Decent place for entry-level, not much more

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Profitable company, privately held, not dependent on satisfying shareholders.

Cons

Low pay, very flat structure.

great place for writers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I can't think of a more exciting challenge for a writer than to work at Progressive Business Publications. You learn to write for extremely busy business professionals who don't have time and who by nature don't want to read. Business-to-business writing is different from any other kind of writing I've ever been exposed to -- and I think I've seen most of it in a 50-year writing and editing career. It's a tough craft to learn, but then again, it's like they say -- nothing easy in probably worth having.

Progressive Business Professionals serves business professionals with critical information for their jobs from Presidents and CEOs to administrative assistants and every other job function in between -- HR, Payroll, Sales, Safety and Environmental compliance management and others. Each audience has its own unique needs. Our writers are trained how to talk to these business professionals and then serve them by selecting the right information just for them from a variety of sources. We got a lot of satisfaction when we hear people tell us we've really helped them become more effective in their jobs. I never felt I had such a direct relationship with my audience when I used to work in general media like newspapers. It's challenging, but it's exhilarating at the same time!

Cons

traffic on US202 (construction seems to be everlasting) can be bad for the commute

think about work-life balance

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!