Progressive Business Publications
www.pbp.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Taught myself how to recognize the different types of people, for better sales tactics.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Bensalem, PA

ProsThe upbeat personalities of my coworkers helped me to open up and learn better people skills.

ConsCalling people who do not want to be called and bothered, instead of using a referral system. Bothering small and large companies during their work times and not later in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training programs, mock sales. Meetings based on the cycles we are in now and not the future ones. To do referrals and not random call tactics.

The reviews that sound too good to be true -- ARE too too good to be true

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Management couldn't care less what employees do day-to-day, so feel free to come in for only a few… Cons: Revenue has dropped to a fraction of what it was just a few years ago, and upper management is desperately trying to find ANYTHING that… Advice to Senior Management: Stop having the owner's son write the glowing reviews on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent place for entry-level, not much more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros: Profitable company, privately held, not dependent on satisfying shareholders. Cons: Low pay, very flat structure. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Business Publications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Progressive Business Publications CEO Ed Satell. All reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Business Publications employees.