Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

A refreshing and professional company that is interested in your ideas and encourages your best work.

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance where you can go home at a reasonable time and not have to work nights or weekends. Warm and friendly work environment. Staff are rewarded and moved up based on merit, not politics. We get to provide helpful info to companies that they truly need to run their companies better; keep up in their field, etc. The commitment to philanthropy is stronger than I've seen in any company and employees can take time off during the workday if they want to volunteer for charity work. Senior management is generally open-minded and approachable.

Cons

Would be nice if the building had more windows for employees to see the outside greenery.

Add more paid vacation days.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Open and Flexible

Current Employee - Marketer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Marketer in Malvern, PA

Pros

Manager is flexible and open to ideas, gives me time to do what I need with family. Casual atmosphere, clear expectations about project timelines. Good 401k plan and good medical plan, we have 2 kids. I have received profit sharing bonus last 3 years, even in down economy, we did okay.

Cons

We could use more employee centered events, like celebrating monthly birthdays.

Add some sales training

Progressive Business Publications Response

May 8, 2014Business Team Manager

We are in the process of expanding our training and development programs for employees.

Neutral opinion, whats good is great but low pay

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome schedule, will work with anything you have going on: school, kids, appointments and the like. All members of management are approachable... a TRUE open door policy.

Cons

Very high turn over, I am fearful if this is the day I will be let go, every day i go in. I am into my fifth week and have seen more than 10 people let go, and even more than that just stop showing up within their first and second week. Sales is difficult and not for everybody. Pay is min wage.

Take more time to coach your reps.

Progressive Business Publications Response

May 8, 2014Business Team Manager

We actively recruit new talent into our sales organization and are always looking for the best people. Sales is a difficult profession and we work very hard as a company to provide our reps with the ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications