There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Overall positive experience; Lots of room to grow within the company.

Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are never micromanaged in your position. Managers/upper-level employees check in, but allow you to do your work without breathing down your neck. There is always room to take on more job responsibilities, or work on special projects after you've established yourself there.

Cons

Salary doesn't always match your job responsibilities. Often, people will either leave/get fired, and everyone is just expected to take on more responsibilities without any increase in salary.

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries/bonus pay (for the good employees) so they don't feel overworked/under paid.

reviews filtered by
  1. Structure, growth and flexibility.

Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Advice to Management

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

Good Opinion, Community Focused

Current Employee - Executive Ed in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Ed in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owner participates in a lot of community organizations and encourages paid time off for employees to participate. Great snow days because you can work from home. Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out.

Cons

On site gym needs facelift to promote wellness, company could combine sick and vacation and give you upfront to manage.

Advice to Management

Post internal job openings so people can see there are career opportunities. More communication about business.