Progressive Insurance

Overwhelming workload

Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Edison, NJ
Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

They recognize and praise their employees for working hard. Most positions are paid by salary, so the supervisors & managers love it when you work past 5:00 pm. If you're an auto adjustor, they will give you a compang vehicle which you can take home. Job security, salary & benefits are great. The compant is always making changes to trying & make their employees happy.

Cons

So far, I've worked inside taking claims & outside writing estimates on cars. Working inside is crazy if you work in a big city. The phones are ringing constantly which makes it difficult to complete the tasks that were assigned to you. Dealing with customers that have been in a car accident is not easy, most of them are upset and some are lyers who trying to get money. The company is heavily micro managed, supervisors are constantly asking "why didn't the get done" or " why did you do this". Working outside isn't any easier. You're expected to complete 5 tasks per day which can be spread out in 5 different locations. Whether its sunny, raining or snowing, you have to be out there writin sheets. Taking lunch is almost impossible and the phone doesn't stop ringing, whether it's a customer, body shop rep or management. The most difficult part of my job is negotiating with the body shops. I'm put in a difficult position where I have to try to save the company money by lowering the amount on the estimate and the shops are constantly in disagreement with what Progressive is willing to pay for. If you give a shop what they want, you'll get reprimanded by your supervisor. But if the shop doesn't get what they want, they'll hold up the repairs and get the customer on your back. At times it's a lose/lose situation. Out of a ranking between 1-5, this job has a stress level of 4.

Be a leader in the industry when it comes to making changes instead of following in the footsteps of the other companies.

734 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Supportive managers, ability to work independently, opportunity for professional growth

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Opportunites for personal and professional growth are readily available. My manager and all leadership I've encountered are very open to suggestions, training opportunities, and changes in process. I have more freedom then I thought possible at a corporation, as far as structuring my schedule and completing my daily work actions.

Cons

Things can move slowly, as there are many people involved in a process from start to finish.

Continue to solicit feedback on process improvement!

Good place to work

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Opportunities to exhibit leadership
    Flexible schedule
    Good training opportunities provided to all employees
    Cross training is encouraged between different workgroups

Cons

Projects take longer to get done due to a lot of processes are being followed
    Architecture is very complex so it is very hard to analyze the applications during requirement design which leads to surprises and thereby affects quality

Reduce complexity of architecture so time to market can be improved
    Migrate applications to the latest technology to attract talents

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance