Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Supportive managers, ability to work independently, opportunity for professional growth

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Opportunites for personal and professional growth are readily available. My manager and all leadership I've encountered are very open to suggestions, training opportunities, and changes in process. I have more freedom then I thought possible at a corporation, as far as structuring my schedule and completing my daily work actions.

Cons

Things can move slowly, as there are many people involved in a process from start to finish.

Continue to solicit feedback on process improvement!

797 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great pay, hard work

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Boston, MA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Compensation is very fair
    Company is open to change
    Opportunities to move around
    Good people

Cons

Long hours
    Dealing with disgruntled customers
    Arguing with body shops

Overall it is a great company to work for. This line of work is not for everyone. Some people burn out quickly. The work volume changes dramatically based on the seasons. There will be slow times and then suddenly there will be an influx of claims.

Focus more on positive feedback. It often feels like you never get a compliment without also receiving feed back or an "opportunity"

Great company to work for! Strong work ethics!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

It's a great company to work for, with a good benefits package. Great management, good communication, updated technology, you get to have your own desk with an ergonomic assessment. A lot of opportunities to gain extra money. A lot of praise for the work you do and opportunity to growth. I feel accepted for the person I am since day #1. They are open to suggestions.

Cons

If you want unpaid time off , that is not an option, a lot of state guidelines to follow and constant changes.

So far I do not have an advice for management, they are great people. However, I do wish I had the opportunity to request unpaid time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance