There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

Progressive is a great place to build a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Facilities are amazing with onsite medical and fitness centers and the grounds are beautiful. The art collection. Diversity and Inclusion is key. Employee Resource Groups.

Cons

The benefits are just okay, but nothing great. Tuition reimbursement really isn't enough per year to continue to purse additional education.

Advice to Management

Leadership is doing a great drive to advance the company and continue to grow the business. We are a leader in our industry and are recognized as such because of the decisions made by our leadership everyday.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company a family man is proud to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

This is a great place to get a broad view on insurance that will help personal and professional views with any kind of insurance.

Cons

There is a lot of state mandated policies that vague and unhelpful. At times even if you feel horrid for denying someone that missed 1 or 2 months of payments but have been with you for 8+ years you still have to deny them. same as any insurance company so its industry wide.

Overwhelming workload

Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

They recognize and praise their employees for working hard. Most positions are paid by salary, so the supervisors & managers love it when you work past 5:00 pm. If you're an auto adjustor, they will give you a compang vehicle which you can take home. Job security, salary & benefits are great. The compant is always making changes to trying & make their employees happy.

Cons

So far, I've worked inside taking claims & outside writing estimates on cars. Working inside is crazy if you work in a big city. The phones are ringing constantly which makes it difficult to complete the tasks that were assigned to you. Dealing with customers that have been in a car accident is not easy, most of them are upset and some are lyers who trying to get money. The company is heavily micro managed, supervisors are constantly asking "why didn't the get done" or " why did you do this". Working outside isn't any easier. You're expected to complete 5 tasks per day which can be spread out in 5 different locations. Whether its sunny, raining or snowing, you have to be out there writin sheets. Taking lunch is almost impossible and the phone doesn't stop ringing, whether it's a customer, body shop rep or management. The most difficult part of my job is negotiating with the body shops. I'm put in a difficult position where I have to try to save the company money by lowering the amount on the estimate and the shops are constantly in disagreement with what Progressive is willing to pay for. If you give a shop what they want, you'll get reprimanded by your supervisor. But if the shop doesn't get what they want, they'll hold up the repairs and get the customer on your back. At times it's a lose/lose situation. Out of a ranking between 1-5, this job has a stress level of 4.

Advice to Management

Be a leader in the industry when it comes to making changes instead of following in the footsteps of the other companies.